Tuesday, October 19, 2010

let's be honest..

First, I need some help with a new blog title - Kelly is going to give my blog a nice re-do now that Gage is here so I'd like to come up with a catchy new title - leave your suggestions as a comment or email them to me - kanderson611 [at] comcast [dot] net - Thanks!!!  {and a BIG thank you to Kelly!!}

Things with me have been going alright.. sometimes I forget I just had a baby 10 days ago and try to do too much.  To be honest, the worst part of recovering after this birth has been my milk coming in.  (sorry if that's TMI but I'm just being honest!)  My chest has been so painful for the past week.  I used cabbage like the midwife suggested, which worked with my other 2 kiddos, but it just wasn't cutting it this time.  Thankfully I think my milk has finally dried up.. maybe soon I can ditch the sports bras and wear a normal bra =)  My back hasn't hurt nearly as much over the past few days but I am still cramping and bleeding but hopefully that will end soon.  Here is a 1 week post baby belly shot, for the final page of Gage's belly book!

Gage has been an awesome baby so far!  He is super laid-back and really doesn't cry too often.  He eats well, doesn't spit up much and is a great burper =)  I am completely head over heals in love with him.. it's such a powerful feeling!!  Today was the first day on my own with the kiddos while Steven slept (since he works 3rd shift) and it actually wasn't a complete disaster!  Gabby doesn't really understand yet that Gage drinks bottles too.  She gets a little confused when Gage is eating and she can't have the bottle.  All in all I think everyone is adjusting well! 

Check back for some photos - I need to sort through the millions I have taken over the past few days =)

No comments: