*I will post belly photos later.
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
*I will post belly photos later.
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
We had a great time at the beach. The kiddos were wonderful - even slept in til 8 a.m. most of the mornings =) Here are a few photos from our trip. I’m trying to go through all of them and edit the good ones but I just don’t really have the time right now. These are a few of my favorites =)
Here is my 23 week belly quiz:
How far along: 23 weeks 3 days
\Weight gain: I'm up about 8 pounds now - that beach trip really did add on a few pounds!
Maternity clothes: no new ones.
Stretch marks: still just my old ones.. hopefully no new ones.
Sleep: it's becoming harder to get comfortable but once I find that just right position I am out! Sleeping at the beach was a little tough - we were cramped in a double bed and I had some yucky sunburn..
Best moment of the week: definitely our beach trip - watching Gavin play in the ocean was great and Gabby seemed to enjoy the water too.. both kids were just so good while we were away and the weather was wonderful.. we really had a great trip =)
Movement: yeppers.. not too strong yet and not real consistent but I definitely know my Gum Drop is in there!
Food cravings: peanut M&Ms
Gender: BOY =)
Labor signs: no thanks.. although my braxton hicks contractions have started.. booooo!
Belly button in or out: in but changing.
What I miss: feeling 'in shape' and strong - I just feel like a blob of fat and baby sometimes and I don't like it! I also miss not having this fire breathing dragon in my throat almost all day.. he just won't go away no matter how many tums I use to try and destroy him =)
What I'm looking forward to: our DR appointment on Friday and seeing some good friends on Friday night!! =)
Weekly wisdom: don't forget to use your manners.
Milestones: Turn on the radio and sway to the music. With her sense of movement well developed by now, your baby can feel you dance. And now that she's more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound, about as much as a large mango, you may be able to see her squirm underneath your clothes. Blood vessels in her lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing her for entry into the outside world.
Sunday, June 20, 2010
Friday, June 11, 2010
Mama M hosts 5 Question Friday and I thought I’d participate this week since I cannot sleep. We are leaving for the beach on Monday so I am stressing about that and worrying that I will forget something important. I’m also super mad about a late fee on my credit card that should not have been charged.. hopefully I can go to the bank tomorrow and get it worked out. So, that’s why I am doing 5 Question Friday.. I can’t sleep, I need something to get my mind off things and it’s fun to learn new things about people =)
1. What do you think makes a good friend, or friendship? this is hard for me.. I feel like I’ve failed at being a good friend many many times in my life. I would say a good friend is someone you can rely on, trust, be yourself with, laugh with, cry with, someone who challenges you in positive ways, someone who understands and respects you, someone who you miss when they are not around and when you are with them you are always creating fun memories. I do need to work on being a better friend.
2. What is the last thing you bought and later regretted? I’d have to say my new laptop that I bought after my old one fell off the couch and the screen was completely destroyed – although I love my new computer and have really enjoyed using it since it was purchased I should have waited, done some research and just ordered a new screen for my old laptop and used that until it crashed for good. Oh well.. it will take me a while to pay it off but it will be worth it =)
3. Have you ever had a prank played on you? Yes! The one that comes to mind happened at Creation 2009. My coworker and I were sitting in our lawn chairs enjoying the Casting Crowns concert when I felt something on my leg. I looked down, saw a skunk and freaked!! I jumped up, yelled SKUNK and started running.. full sprint.. as fast as I could. Then.. I hear laughing and stop, look back and see my coworker Amy standing with this 11 year old kid… who is holding his stuffed skunk on a stick!!! Oh my goodness it was an absolute classic moment that still makes me laugh so hard I almost pee myself =)
4. What is your favorite theme park? Locally I guess I’d have to say Hershey Park. Although they are over-priced I do enjoy several of their rides. I also like their park during the holidays – we always try to go to their Christmas Candy Lane and enjoy some delicious hot chocolate. I really haven’t been to many theme parks – just Hershey, Dutch Wonderland and Dorney Park and Six Flags when I was much much younger. I of course LOVE Disney World and cannot wait to go back when our children are older =)
5. Have you ever seen someone else give birth? Yes, I was in the delivery room when both my niece Shayna and nephew Lucas were born. When Shayna was born I was 14 and a freshman in high school and I was 16 and a junior when Lucas was born. Both births were absolutely incredible and those memories I will treasure for the rest of my life!! I’ve visited with a lot of my clients while they are in labor but I’ve never stayed for any of the births.
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Jenny at The Adventures of Two Under Two is hosting a giveaway! The winner receives the hat of their choice from Creative Dragonfly. Seriously, these are some of the cutest hats I have ever seen! I’d love to order a handsome beanie for little baby Gum Drop! I will keep my fingers crossed =)
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Hubbs and I took Gabrielle to the doctor today for her 6 month well baby visit. We really love our doctor so it’s always nice to see him and brag about our lovely kiddos!! The nurse measured her head circumference then her length – her head is now 17 1/4 inches and she is 29 inches long!!! OFF THE CHARTS =) Totally off the charts for her length but Dr. Scott acknowledged that her own growth curve is nice and consistent. Miss Gabby did well on the scale too – she now weighs 18 lbs 12 oz. which is around the 90th percentile for weight. Needless to say our sweet little potato is a BIG sweet potato!! Dr. Scott, while looking at her plots on the chart said, “she is huge!” Yes, we know, she’s a healthy growing girl =) He completed his exam and said she looks fantastic! We are certainly blessed with a healthy, beautiful, tall and chubby baby girl!
Here are some great photos of my kiddos from the past few days!
21 week pregnancy quiz:
How far along: 21 weeks 3 day
Weight gain: I'm up 4-5 pounds but I know it will be more after our trip to the beach next week!
Maternity clothes: My belly is starting to ‘pop’ and my regular shirts are getting a little small. I’ve been having trouble finding summer maternity shirts because the sleeves are too short and uncomfortable. I wish I could just wear t-shirts all the time and feel pretty =)
Stretch marks: just my old ones.
Sleep: blah.. been rough lately but I have no room to talk since my hubbs works nights, has the kiddos during the day and hardly ever sleeps.
Best moment of the week: silly = finding a really nice bra on clearance for $3.80 after I discovered the underwire on my absolute favorite bra was busted. serious = seeing my tummy move when Gum Drop kicked =) & listening to my Gabby laughing with her brother (they are just so adorable together!!)
Movement: yes.. the movements aren’t consistent and I can’t really count his kicks yet but I can definitely feel him kicking periodically.. and I did finally see my tummy move today when he kicked me, definitely the strongest kick yet =)
Food cravings: chocolate, slushies and watermelon.
Gender: BOY =)
Labor signs: no no no! I really do pray that I only have to push for 4 minutes like I did with Gabby – I do not want to push for 3 hours like I did with Gavin!
Belly button in or out: in.
What I miss: energy, running & wine.
What I'm looking forward to: our beach trip – we leave on Monday the 14th and will be coming home on Saturday the 19th.. it will be Gabby’s first trip to the beach so it will be special =) I’m also really looking forward to my friend Lauren’s daughter’s 3rd birthday party this weekend – we haven’t seen their family since September so it will be neat for her to meet Gabby and to see my Gum Drop tummy!!!
Weekly wisdom: enter giveaways online – you never know when you might win something completely awesome!!! I actually won a $50 giftcard to The Vintage Pearl through a giveaway that Kelly ran (yes, I did blog about it for extra entries) This is the necklace I have already ordered from The Vintage Pearl and now with this gift card I can order a charm for Gum Drop and something else special =)
Milestones: Your baby now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long, the length of a carrot. You may soon feel like she's practicing martial arts as her initial fluttering movements turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges. You may also discover a pattern to her activity as you get to know her better. In other developments, your baby's eyebrows and lids are present now.
And in case you’re wondering.. we do not have a name for baby Gum Drop. Steven and I have narrowed our list down and have a couple in mind but have not made a final decision yet. I really think I’d like to wait to meet Gum Drop before naming him – that’s something we didn’t do with our other 2 kiddos.
Saturday, June 5, 2010
oh my goodness.. how is this possible.. my sweet baby girl Gabrielle is already 6 months old. I know it sounds so cheesy but I really feel like I just gave birth to her and was meeting her for the first time outside my tummy. It really just blows my mind that she has been alive on the outside world for half a year.
She is absolutely beautiful!! It is so amazing having a daughter =)
- I’m not sure your weight or length – we go to the DR on Tuesday
- You started solids a few weeks ago – your favorite is definitely carrots and you are not a fan of applesauce
- You wear size 3 diapers
- Most of your clothes are size 6-9 months except your onesies are 3-6 months
- Mommy started putting little bows in your hair last week and they sure are cute!!
- Big brother is your best friend.. he really knows how to make you laugh =)
- You love bath time
- You went swimming for the first time on May 29th and had a blast!!
- You aren’t teething yet but you are one serious drool monster
- You’re getting stronger each day but still need some assistance when sitting – I don’t think it will be long before you can sit by yourself
- You are quickly outgrowing your infant car seat
- You hated rice cereal
- Meal time is quite enjoyable – you sit very well in your highchair and have learned fairly quickly how to eat from a spoon!
- You still are eating about 8 oz of formula about 5 times a day
- You enjoy helping hold your bottle
- You’ve found that you enjoy falling asleep on your right side
- Mommy is still obsessed with your nose – it is ADORABLE!!!
These photos are certainly getting challenging.. she is much more interested in eating everything instead of smiling pretty for momma =)
*wardrobe change necessary thanks to a little spit up =)
Isn’t she just the most beautiful little lady you have ever seen??!!!
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
I am entering yet another giveaway.. I’ve entered about 10 in the past couple weeks and haven’t won any of them but I’m not giving up.. it can’t hurt to enter!! Kelly is doing a Vintage Pearl giveaway.. of course I am going to enter. I ordered their a flower and a circle necklace and just LOVE it. Of course I am going to have to order another charm when Gum Drop arrives so this gift card would certainly come in handy!!
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
This weekend was great!! It was full of fun times with family and lots of yummy picnic/cook-out food! Gabby enjoyed her first swim and I turned the big 2-7! The 3 day weekend flew by, it was not relaxing at all but it certainly was very very enjoyable!! A BIG thank you to my family for the birthday cards, gifts and yummy cakes =)
20 week pregnancy quiz:
How far along: 20 weeks 3 day
Weight gain: I'm up about 3-4 pounds
Maternity clothes: mostly pants, some tops – I haven’t purchased any new maternity clothes recently.. except a couple swim suits.. too much $ on suits that I will only wear this summer, but oh well!
Stretch marks: now new ones.. hoping it stays that way!! =)
Sleep: I’m definitely having more trouble getting comfortable, even though my belly isn’t too big yet it still can complicate things a little!! The trips to the potty are increasing.
Best moment of the week: our ultrasound on Friday was AMAZING!! and we did have one great weekend with family =)
Movement: yeppers.. it’s not very strong yet but I can feel him!
Food cravings: still loving diet coke with lemon; I’ve also been craving Air Heads.. ya know, the yummy flavored taffy.. kinda strange =)
Gender: absolutely a BOY!!!
Labor signs: no!
Belly button in or out: still in but getting flatter as my tummy grows
What I miss: just having my body to myself.. don’t get me wrong, I’m blessed to be pregnant and love knowing I am the one responsible for helping Gum Drop grow but I do also miss having my body to myself.. I feel like it hasn’t been ‘my’ body for over a year now.. it’s been my babies’ body!!
What I'm looking forward to: our trip to OCMD in 2 weeks; continuing to watch Gabby and Gavin grow and interact more with one another!!
Weekly wisdom: wear sunscreen! ;)
Milestones: Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel - the length of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against his torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of his head to his bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, he's measured from head to toe.) He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper.