Wednesday, June 27, 2012
Wednesday, June 20, 2012
Happy 89th Birthday!!!
I wonder if you’ll indulge in a piece of carrot cake today.. or maybe a slice of apple pie with some ice cream.. whatever it is I sure hope you enjoy it! :) Words cannot express how much I miss you. I think of you often, always with a smile and sometimes with tears. Honestly, I am still not sure I’ve completely accepted the fact that you’re no longer here. Sometimes I think to myself, ‘oh, wow, I haven’t seen Grammie in a little while, I need to get myself and the kiddos down there to visit.’ Then, almost immediately, I think, oh sugar – we can’t – she’s gone – that’s right – how could I forget. :(
But, I don’t want this birthday to be full of sadness and tears because I miss you so much. I am going to focus on the incredible, irreplaceable, super special memories I have of you. Like those toasty warm blankets at bedtime, your beautiful laugh, the sweet notes you’d pack in my lunch, watching Wheel of Fortune trying to guess the puzzles.. I could go on and on!!!
I love you very much Grammie and I am beyond grateful for the priceless memories I have. I am also so thankful for the countless pictures I have of you! [although, I do wish I had more of you and Gage together since you only got to meet him once and he’s fussy in the ones I do have.. but.. I can’t worry about that!] Enjoy your birthday, have lots of fun, be wild and crazy (haha), make a great wish when you blow out your candles and remember to tell Johnny T. happy birthday for me too!
Betty Louise Cundiff – 6.21.1923 – 1.9.2011
Monday, June 11, 2012
or ouce-cream for the Full House fans out there :)
We enjoyed heading up to Jim Mack’s for ice cream the other night. The kids had a great time and Steven and I enjoyed ourselves too. Steven had a
large GIGANTIC banana split and I had a cone with vanilla ice cream and rainbow sprinkles, just like I used to get when I was a little girl and would get ice cream down the street with my dad :) Gavin absolutely loves ice cream but middle and little don’t really seem all that interested in it. Don’t worry… I’ve done a good job at making sure their ice cream doesn’t go to waste! (so much for my ‘diet’)
I love the little yellow sprinkle hanging out on her chin ;)
Friday, June 8, 2012
- I am thankful for curly hair and long eyelashes! (love you Gage David!)
- I am thankful for family time watching Gavin's tball team walk in our local Memorial Day parade!
- I am SO THANKFUL for all the men and women (past, present and future) who serve our country; your bravery and sacrifice blow me away.
- I am thankful for beautiful weddings!!!
- I am thankful for my gorgeous nieces and nephews and special family time!
- I am thankful that I live in the country and can appreciate God's beautiful creations every single day.
- I am thankful for my husband and his daily drive to provide for me and our kids.
- I am thankful for the simple things in life, like fruit, a sweet baby doll, a flower, an ice cream cone, a funny picture of my children, a pretty cloud, a sweet card or a funny joke.
- I am thankful for my job, my inspiring clients and my supportive and amazing coworkers.
- I am thankful for my health and the health of my children.