Friday, May 28, 2010

grab bag!

I just came across Mama M.'s 5 Question Friday and thought it would be fun to play along.  Basically she posts 5 questions each Friday and anyone who wants can answer them.. so here goes!

1. Is there something you've always wanted to try but just can't muster up the courage to actually do yet?  I’d say sky diving – I enjoy flying so the height doesn’t bother me but the free-falling through the sky is pretty scary.  (and it’s probably safe to say I will never muster up the courage to do it!)

2. If you had $100 handed to you in cash without your significant other knowing about it, what would you spend it on? Hopefully I would put it right into the bank and pay some bills but if I didn’t make it to the bank I’d probably spend it on random stuff – clothes for myself, clothes for the kiddos, a new Pandora charm for my bracelet, trinkets for the house and some stuff for Gum Drop!

3. What was your favorite piece of playground equipment as a child? Our elementary school had this really really awesome huge tire swing (it was a bunch of tires attached to one another) and it was a blast.. that was definitely my favorite!!

4. Do you prefer a sweet or hearty breakfast? I’ve never been a huge fan of breakfast foods but lately it’s been sweet – chocolate chip pancakes (yummy!) or some sugary cereal

5. Are you a Neat Freak or a Messy Bessy? oh I hate clutter, I hate mess – it drives me crazy.. but I don’t clean as much as I should so although we don’t have a bunch of junk and clutter lying around you will likely find more dust and dirt than I’d like you to.

Next subject – our big ultrasound today!!  We got to watch Gum Drop on ‘tv’ for about 35 minutes today and it was so fun =)  The sonographer, Rachel, was great.. she explained things very well and seemed very into our little man.. what even “awing and oh that’s so cute” right along with me!  I am so insanely excited to share that he is healthy healthy healthy – everything is measuring right on track and each part was in it’s proper place.  The amniotic fluid levels are great, my placenta looks healthy and they actually think my cyst got a little smaller.  And of course, Gum Drop is definitely a boy.. got the ‘money shot’ to prove it!!

 May 2010 042

Rachel tried to get some 4D shots of him but he was nuzzled nicely into the placenta so it was hard to get a good shot of his face.

May 2010 030

May 2010 031

Although Mr. Gum Drop was a surprise I am certainly feeling very blessed and excited to meet him and see his adorable face.  It looks like he has a cute little button nose, just like Gavin and Gabby’s!!

And the last subject for today – an answer to a question that has been asked a lot lately – Kiley, how did you get pregnant again so quickly – aren’t you suppose to wait at least 6 weeks before doing anything??  Well, here’s your answer – yes, you are supposed to wait at least 6 weeks and we did, believe it or not.  I had my 6 week post baby check up on a Tuesday and was told that everything was normal and I had healed very well.  I was cleared for normal activity again.  The next day Steven and I, well you know, and that was it.. we made another baby!  Yes, it only takes one time and yes, although it took us almost a year to get pregnant with Gabrielle it only took us, well, no time at all to get pregnant with Gum Drop.  So there ya have it – maybe a little personal for me to share but it’s the truth =)

Okay, I lied, here’s the last subject.. my adorable kiddos!!

May 2010 008

May 2010 001 May 2010 024

May 2010 008

I hope everyone has a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend =)

No comments: