Tuesday, November 3, 2009

34 weeks = amazing!!


 
 

34 weeks - 6 weeks until our due date - that just makes me smile!!  I am so beyond excited to hold this little girl in my arms, no words can describe this excitement.. I just cannot wait!!!  I was at Women and Babies Hospital over the weekend for a placement with work (talk about buckets of tears!) but as I was walking with the adoptive family to the nursery there was a baby girl getting wheeled out with her pretty pink blanket and lovely crochet pink hat - I just started to cry - soon that will be Gummy Bear getting wheeled out to come visit her big brother and her mommy and daddy - I'm crying now as I think about it :o)  God is just so good and I am so incredibly blessed to be experiencing this miracle.. again!

I've been thinking about a hospital bag and need to start getting a list together.  I remember last time with Gavin I forgot a few major items that my mother-in-law had to bring in for me so hopefully this time I will be more prepared.  There are a few things we need to get for the hospital - like more tapes for the video camera and some toiletries - but for the most part I have everything we need - I just need to get it all together!

My goal for the weekend is to sort through Gav's toys and get most of them moved out of the family room and into the living room to clear a spot for the pack-n-play.  We haven't put that together yet but it shouldn't take long.  All we need to do yet in her room is move stuff down into the basement.  She won't be in her room for at least a month or so after she arrives, so we don't feel too rushed to purchase everything and get it all set up quite yet.. although I cannot wait to see her room 100% complete, it's going to be so beautiful!!  For anyone that hasn't checked out the registry or doesn't know the nursery theme here's a photo:

Isn't it just adorable and classy - oh I'm in love - I guess that's why it's called "Love Bug."  We went to Target over the weekend and bought a pack of diapers and a pack of wipes for her :o)  I really hope Gav starts to use the potty on a regular basis so we don't have to get diapers for two kiddos!

34 week quiz:
How far along: 34 weeks 1 day!
Weight gain: I'm sure I'm up about 26 or 27 pounds by now - doctor visit tomorrow so I will know for sure then.
Stretch marks: yeppers.
Any new baby items: yes! - Steven and I went to Carter's Saturday night and bought her a couple of outfits - I will try to get a photo of them and post it.  One of the outfits will be her coming home outfit - it's similar to the outfit Gav wore home from the hospital :o)  We also bought her a Christmas gift - her first baby doll -
 

Any new maternity items: yes, 2 long sleeve shirts from Old.Navy that were only $4.90!!
Sleep: not too bad recently, although rolling over has become quite the process, and my potty trips have been increasing lately!
Labor signs: not really - just the continued braxton hicks contractions/cramping
Belly button in or out: I'd say about 65% out - it never popped out with Gavin so it's pretty funny to see!
Food cravings: my mother-in-law came over Saturday night and watched Gav for a few hours while Steven and I went to Texas.Roadhouse - finally!!!  Thank you Lil for watching Gavin!!  And thank you Steven for finally giving in to this crazy craving of mine.  Oh my gosh it was sooooo delicious.. the rolls, the steak, the tea, the salad.. oh I could eat there again, right now!!  (I of course didn't love the bill.. yikes.. but it was well worth it!!)  I'm still diggin' ice chips but nothing else too crazy right now.
Movement: oh yea, this little lady is a dancing machine - especially in the evenings!  I got a video of her moving the other night - and one of her hiccuping - I will try to post them soon :o)
Gender: GIRL!!
Best moment of the week: enjoying a nice dinner with my hubby, getting a good start on our Christmas shopping and watching Gavin talk to his baby "sisser" and rub my tummy!!
What I miss: still all the things I mentioned last week, just being able to sit comfortably for more than 5 minutes.. I know it will all get worse before it gets better but it will all be so worth it in the end!!
What I'm looking forward to: continuing our Christmas shopping and our doctor visit tomorrow!
Weekly wisdom: "Today.. find delight in the little things." 
Milestones: Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds, like your average cantaloupe and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers — which will help regulate her body temperature once she's born are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.
 
 
 
 

No comments: