Tuesday, November 10, 2009

35 weeks = honeydew melon!


 
 

I am completely and totally exhausted right now - physically and emotionally - so this post will be very boring, I'm sorry!!  I've been cramping and contracting a lot more lately but I still don't really think they're anything serious.  I am so afraid this little lady is going to come out like a big chubby meatball - I had a dream she was born with teeth and weighed 18 pounds - yikes!!!  I will be full term in 2 weeks :o)  It's so strange to think that even if I do make it to 40 weeks she will be here in my arms in no more than 5 weeks (I'm fairly certain they will induce me before I get too far past my due date.)  I cannot wait to meet her and give her a big huge kiss!!!

35 week quiz:
How far along: 35 weeks 1 day
Weight gain: gulp.. +29 pounds.. gross, yuck, blah, ewww.
Stretch marks: yep - they are appearing on my lower tummy and my hips.
Any new baby items: not since my last post - unless you want to count a travel pack of wipes ;o)
Any new maternity items: no, I'm dying to buy a nice comfy sweater but am also trying to remember that I only have 5 or less weeks to go..
Sleep: hard to get comfortable but once I fall asleep I'm out - until I need to go potty - which has been about 3 to 4 times a night - I've definitely noticed we've gone through a lot more toilet paper the past couple of months!
Movement: yes, she is still moving like crazy - she moves most when I'm driving, in the evenings and at bedtime.
Gender: my little lady!!
Labor signs: not any "true" labor signs - lots and lots of cramping and braxton hicks contractions though
Belly button in or out: almost completely out.
Food cravings: chocolate.
What I miss: right now I just miss my pre-pregnancy body (never thought I'd say that!) and my old clothes - I just miss being comfortable..
What I'm looking forward to: our Learning to Breastfeed class on Saturday, although I am still super super nervous about breastfeeding I am eager to learn more; we are also going to a Hershey Bears game on Saturday which should be tons of fun!!
Weekly wisdom: "Be kind, rewind." - first thing that came to my mind - I'm so ready for bed - maybe I'll come back tomorrow with some better "wisdom" ;o)
Milestones: Congratulations! You’re now carrying nearly 6 lbs of baby not counting their amniotic fluid, the umbilical cord, or the placenta itself. We’re impressed because that’s a LOT of work non-stop. Are you feeling proud of yourself yet? Well, get to it—you’ve done an amazing job! At this point, your little grower is almost busting out of the womb size-wise, which make their restricted attempts to move much more challenging. Of course, your stubborn little stinker is still trying to move around as if they weren’t in a cramped space. And the accumulating baby fat deposits are starting to level off so your little butter ball will be padded and warm when they head out of their super snug little home.

 
 

No comments: