Wednesday, November 4, 2009

34 week DR visit recap, photos & videos!!

I've had a very productive day but my body is definitley feeling it now!  I got some Christmas shopping done today :o) and some cleaning/organzing done around the house - now it's time to relax and blog!  The photos below are ones I took tonight of Gabrielle's new outfits and her new bouncy seat - too cute!!

 
I even put this together all by myself!!


all the Carter's tags make me laugh - had she been a boy her name would have most likely been Carter!


this will likely be her 'coming home' outfit :o) Gav came home in a bear outfit too!


Daddy picked this for her!


I finally found a baby book I actually liked - now I need to get writing in it!!


Okay, here's my DR visit recap:


Urine: no trace of protein, no trace of glucose!
Blood pressure: 113/68 - highest yet - but still completely normal
Weight: hahaha.. guess who gained 4 pounds in 2 weeks.. yep, that would be me!  I will shamelessly blame it on the Halloween candy and Texas.Roadhouse!  I will also point out that all my other appointments have been early in the morning and this was at 11:45 a.m. so my tummy had a bit more in it (and I had heavy clothes on) - okay, I'm done with the excuses - I'm just praying this girl does not try to beat her brother's birth weight - he was 8 pounds 9 ounces!
Heartbeat: 142 bpm :o)
Questions: I talked to Emily about the cramping, to which she again suggested I try a belly support belt.  She also offered to write me a note to decrease my work hours but I declined - I don't really feel ready to cut back my hours quite yet, still a lot that needs to be done before I will feel ready to do that.  (although the more I think about it the better it sounds)  I finished working with Gavin 4 1/2 weeks before my due date and it was lovely!  I also talked to Emily about listening to my iPod during labor, she of course said that was fine.  Emily reassured us that we are "out of the woods" in terms of preterm labor - they won't try to give me tons of medication and muscle relaxers to stop contractions should I go into labor now - but she did of course say another 3 weeks in my tummy is what's best for baby, another 4 weeks would be even better.  I think she'll stay for another 4 or 5 weeks but I am getting nervous about her size.. Emily said the best predictor of a baby's size is her mommy's estimate/guess and I have a feeling she's going to be right up there with her big brother.. yikes!
Next appointment: Thursday, November 19, 2009 at 8:00 a.m. - I will have my Group B strep test at this appointment - oh joy!

Belly measurement: I am right on target - 34 weeks!!  And she again confirmed that Gabrielle is still head down.. good girl!!
Midwife: We had Emily again, and she was great, again!  She had Gavin participate and even let him listen to his heartbeat, which of course he loved!!  I certainly wouldn't mind if she were on call during my labor and delivery - Steven and I both really like her :o)

The first video posted is when Gummy Bear had the hiccups - if you watch to the left of my belly button you can see my belly move at a pretty regular beat - it's so neat that you can actually "see" her hiccups!!  The second video is one of her dancing around in my tummy - enjoy!!



No comments: