Tuesday, November 17, 2009

36 weeks = almost full term!!


 
 
HAHAHA, I love this cartoon!!!  I am so excited to meet her but obviously I don't want her to leave before she is ready.  I haven't been feeling too bad lately - just very tired and some mild back pain.  These cramps/contractions have been driving me nuts but I guess they're just preparing me for "the real deal" - oh boy!  If I'm being honest with myself, and with all of you, I am completely terrified of labor and delivery.  I know I know, I've done it before, what's there to be scared of...  a lot!!  I am planning to have my hubby there with me the entire time - he was amazing during Gav's birth.  My momma and mother-in-law will also hopefully be there, they were both there for Gav's birth as well.  My labor and delivery with Gav was fairly smooth (except for when I was about 2.5 seconds away from being wheeled down for an emergency c-section) but I just get nervous thinking about all the things that could go wrong.  But ya know, there's no turning back now - she's coming out and I've just got to do my best to prepare for it!

Steven and I went to a Learning to Breastfeed class on Saturday.. yes, I did drag my hubby along ;o)  My mom and my niece Shayna watched Gav while we went.  The class was helpful, to an extent, but I am still a little uncomforatble/scared about the idea of trying to nurse again.  I am just going to try my very best and give it all I've got and pray it turns out to be nothing like my nursing experience with Gavin.  After we came back from the class my momma took me to Babies.R.Us for a baby shopping spree - SO AWESOME - THANK YOU MOM and AUNT CONNIE!!!!  Gabrielle got so much stuff and it was fun shopping with my momma and my niece - it actually made me think.. [I wonder if in 27 years or so I will be shopping with Gabrielle for her little baby-to-be].. yikes, what a crazy thought!  Here are some of the great things we got:


 I bought the crib set and my mom and aunt bought the new mattress and the mobile!!


 
these are just some shots of the pretty details on the blanket!


 
Gabrielle's hamper and Gav aka Pudding Face being the proud big brother!


more goodies from my mom and aunt!


the first dress bought for her - from my mom and aunt!  
 

an adorable holiday outfit - again, from my mom and aunt!


Gabrielle's night light
 
I got this diaper bag on clearance for $30 (that's 50% off the regular price!!)


an adorable dress I found at Tar.get!


 
 
I had to return an outfit to Carter's that we already had and got as a gift so I got these two adorable outfits - the blue one piece was only $5!  The jeans above are her first pair of jeans :o)

THANK YOU AGAIN Mom and Aunt Connie!!  Now I feel almost ready for her to arrive.  I still have a lot to get done on my To-Do list and time is just flying by :o)

36 weeks quiz:
How far along: 36 weeks 1 day!!
Weight gain: I got on my scale today and it says that I'm still up 28 pounds..
Stretch marks: yes, they are definitley obvious in the photos below so I won't even try to hide them :o)
Any new baby items: see all the wonderful photos above!!!
Any new maternity items: nope.. although I did get new slippers and some toiletries for my hospital time (do they count?!)
Sleep: fairly decent lately, although I can never get enough - it is still tough to get comfortable but once I find 'the spot' I am usually out fairly quickly; potty trips are still about 3 times a night
Movement: she is still moving a lot but not as much as she use to.. I guess she's running out of room in there.. they say that happens ;o)
Food cravings: ice chips and Panera Bread
Gender: seriously, if Gummy Bear comes out a boy we are in deep deep deep 'lots of pink' trouble!!
Belly button in or out: it's basically the whole way out.. weird!!
Labor signs: nope.
What I miss: being able to sit comfortably at my desk, or anywhere actually!  putting on my socks and shoes, shaving my legs, putting on my pants - these are all getting harder by the day!  I also miss my old clothes and all my comfy fall/winter sweaters - I really hope I can drop this extra weight..
Best moment of the week: definitley my shopping trip to Babies.R.Us with my mom and niece - I'm so lucky!
What I'm looking forward to: my doctor appointment on Thursday, the weekend and Thanksgiving next week (a 3 day work week!!)  oh wait, I'm on call next week.. bummer!
Weekly wisdom: "Be yourself because everybody else is already taken."

Milestones: Your baby is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds, like a crenshaw melon and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. She's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered her body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of her first bowel movement.

 
 

No comments: