Thursday, November 19, 2009

36 week DR visit recap!

Urine: I don't know.. I forgot to ask and she didn't tell me - I guess it was normal.
Blood pressure: 107/68 
Weight: I am up 1 pound since my last visit.. much better than 4 pounds.. that puts my total weight gain at exactly 30 pounds.
Heart beat: Gabrielle's heart was beating at 165 bpm today!  The midwife joked that she got her excited poking around at her head and her tushy! 
Questions: I asked about having my cervix checked.. not that I wanted it checked at all.. I was just wondering when they will start doing that or if they will even check it at all before I am in labor.  She said it really depends on what provider you see, some don't check until 39 weeks, some check starting at 36 weeks.  I am not too worried about getting checked - I could be 2 cm. dilated and not deliver for another 2 weeks so there's really no point in knowing!
Midwife: today we saw Tiffany - she was a little different but very very nice.. we joked about having big ankles and not being able to buy pretty anklets in the store because they never fit.  She was actually the midwife that delivered one of my client's a couple of weeks ago. (well my client's baby, not my client!)
Belly measurement: my belly measured at 37 weeks today (yikes, a week ahead!) - Tiffany said that Gummy Bear is all stretched out in my tummy and she is still definitely head down!
Next appointment: my appointments are supposed to be scheduled every week from now until I deliver.. they don't' have any openings next week because they are off on Thursday and Friday so my next appointment isn't until December 1, 2009 at 8:50 a.m.  Then I have one on December 9, 2009 at 4:10 p.m. and one scheduled for December 16, 2009 at 11:30 a.m.  (hopefully I don't need this last one!)

I am trying to keep up with working until the very last possible second but it's not as easy as I thought it would be.  My job isn't very phsycially demanding so I really never thought it would get tough but I was wrong.  The emotional and stressful piece of my job has been very hard to handle and I'm always so tired so I feel like my focus hasn't been where it should be lately.. I really just want to crawl up on my couch and take a nap.  There's definitley a disadvantage to having a couch in your office and being 36 weeks pregnant!  My last day at work will be December 11, 2009 - unless I deliver before then!  That's only 13 more working days :o)

No comments: