Sunday, July 25, 2010

nervous.

A big THANK YOU to Lindsay and her family who gave us a crib for Mr. Gum Drop!!  We picked it up today and I cannot wait to put it together and get it ready for him!

On the other hand, I am totally terrified to put it together and get it ready for him.. I have no idea where we are going to put it.. how are things going to work with a newborn and a 10 month old in the same room.. is that even a good idea.. oh man.  Gum Drop will be in our bedroom for a little while but when he's ready to move from the bassinet into his crib is it best to have him in Gabby's room for a while.. or will they just cry and wake each other up??  Ah well, I guess we will figure things out as they come.  I'm starting to get real nervous about how things are going to go.. it's getting a lot harder caring for a mobile 7 1/2 month old with a pregnant belly.  She tries to crawl all over me and it's extremely uncomfortable but she obviously has no idea.

I hate to complain, and I'm sorry I am.. I guess I just have some days where I am super excited and cannot wait to meet Gum Drop then I have other days when I am consumed by the fear and anxiety of what our "new normal" is going to be and I fear being a bad momma for my kiddos.  I am so incredibly grateful for friends and family who have been nothing but supportive and helpful through this very unexpected journey.. even my Uncle Wayne who loves to tell me I'm getting fat again and teases me about not being able to drink!  This is absolutely my last pregnancy (yes, really it is!!) so I want to enjoy every little second of it.. and I do feel blessed to have two healthy kiddos and another on the way.. I know this is God's plan for our family.. it still scares the crap out of me!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Everything will be ok. Things happen for a reason!
Abby and Makenzie are in the same room and Chase and Abby used to share a room, I always think they will wake each other up, but they learn to sound out the other noise.
It might be tough in the beginning, but as long as gum-drop is healthy, that is all that matters.
Best wishes!