Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Gum Drop = 25 weeks - Gabby = 7 months!

And Mr. Gavin will be 4 year old in 3 months – holy smokes!!

4th of July weekend was great – we spent Friday evening at my hometown’s community fair then watched fireworks.  Saturday was spent hanging out then heading back to Grammie and PopPop’s so they could watch the kiddos while Steven and I went to a bridal shower for my good friend and her fiancé.  Sunday was spent at our aunt and uncle’s house swimming in their wondering pool – and Monday was more of the same.. swimming, grilling, s’moores and fireworks!  Gabby did amazing with the fireworks and so did Gavin.. the past couple of years he has been scared of them, but not this year, he was lovin’ them!!  Below are lots of photos from our weekend =)

010 052 063 076 111 112 128 130 136 139

188 195 197 203 207 213

 

Next subject – my adorable daughter is now 7 months old!!

  • You are likely very close to 20 pounds
  • You wear size 6-9 month clothing
  • Carrots and bananas are your favorite foods so far
  • You can roll and scoot all over a room in no time
  • No teeth yet but I think they’re on their way soon
  • Holy cow you have curly hair when it’s wet!
  • You are 100% a daddy’s girl
  • You have a uni-brow (don’t worry – I’ll teach you how to use tweezers!)
  • You’ve tried some fun foods (ice cream, strawberries, taffy, watermelon, cheerios, freeze pops) and you’ve loved almost all of them
  • You LOVE LOVE LOVE swimming

I am so so so happy to have a daughter – I just love her to pieces and can’t get enough of her snuggles and smiles =)

142 144 145 158

(the sign idea is not working out so well now – she just wants to eat it!)

25 week quiz [if you’ve made it this far!]

How far along: 25 weeks 3 days
Any new maternity clothes: nope

Any new baby clothes/items: I bought Mr. Gum Drop some clothes – only stuff that was on sale.. I got some good deals!

Weight gain: I haven’t been on the scale in a while so we’ll just stick with +8 pounds (although it’s probably more after the holiday weekend)Sleep: so so so so so tired all the time

Best moment of the week: hanging out with family & friends for the holiday (and eating s’moores – yummy!)
Movement: yes, he is definitely moving a lot now – I can feel him often! 
Food cravings: honey mustard (which I hated up until 2 months ago!) 
Gender: BOY!
Labor signs: nope.. just the fake contractions that are incredibly annoying! 
Belly button in or out: both – it just depends on how full my tummy is
What I miss: sleeping on my tummy; wine; having energy; being able to bend over without any discomfort

What I'm looking forward to: hopefully selling some clothes at a consignment shop sometime this week (always nice to put some extra $ in the bank!); getting my Mary.Kay products this week; possibly planning a trip to Knoebels later this summer!

Weekly wisdom: "No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."
Milestones: Your little grower’s physical proportions are evening out at this point and most of their remaining development will largely be weight gain and lots and lots of nervous system development. The good news is: if your child is born premature now they’ll be more likely to survive without too much trauma as their lungs began to produce “surfactant” last week, which means their tiny respiratory system is getting stronger with each passing day. Yes, now’s a good time for a minor sigh of relief and a quick pat on the back.

231 238 250 254

holy crap that’s a long post – I’m sorry – thanks for hanging in there!!

2 comments:

Meant to be a mom said...

It sounds like you had a great 4th weekend. I love all the pics of the kids. They are just such cuties.

You are looking great. Your bump is starting to really show :)

The Johnson Family 5 said...

Hi Kiley!
I thought I would reply here to your questions :) I got the big bro/lil bro {it's a 3-6 month onesie so that's why there aren't any pictures yet} from emtannerdesigns.com and I got the c. pillow from Serena and Lily! I hope that helps :) Congrats on baby #3!! You are sure going to have your hands full!! BUT so much love around!!