Tuesday, July 27, 2010

28 weeks – 3rd trimester.

003 007 010 011 (2)  015 016 019  026 (2)  029 032

We’ve made it to the 3rd trimester and I am feeling it.  I’m beginning to feel frumpy and uncomfortable and I don’t know how much more my tummy can stretch (although I know it can stretch a lot more..)  I’ve been real emotional lately, maybe a little crabby, but I think it’s my hormones.  I’m completely exhausted so I’m going to cut this short and get some zzzzzzz’s!

How far along: 28 weeks 3 days

New maternity clothes: none.

Weight gain: not sure – I guess we can say + 12 lbs since that’s what the doctor’s scale said.  I was so stinkin’ sweaty at my nephews birthday party on Saturday that I felt like I lost about 12 lbs so maybe I’m at + 0.. yea right.

New baby items: yes, Gum Drop got some new clothes from some family - Aunt Patty, Amanda and their crew – thank you thank you – he’s going to be one well dressed little fella =)  I also bought him a nice heavy blanket that was on clearance at Target and a set of Carter’s onesies that I got on clearance for $4.79!! Things are starting to come together for this little man.

Sleep: well, it’s getting harder to get comfortable and to get in and out of bed; this has been hard with Gabby teething – she’s up a lot at night needing comfort from her momma so I am in and out of bed a lot which is not fun (but anything for my little Weezie Bug!)

Best moment of the week: seeing his adorable face during the ultrasound on Friday and learning that he is growing well and healthy; picking up his crib from a friend; family buying him new outfits; getting our double stroller put together and watching Gav try to push it around!

Stretch marks: yep, they are mine forever.

Food cravings: Gap Diner.. I’ll get there sometime.  mmmm.. Olive Garden sounds real good right now too..
Gender: Team Blue!!

Movement: yeppers - time start my kick counts!

Labor signs: just the awful braxton hicks contractions but they don’t signify labor in any way.

Belly button in or out: funny shaped.. either flat or an outtie.. just depends on my position and how much I’ve eaten =)

What I miss: sleeping on my belly; my old clothes; wine; running.

What I'm looking forward to: learning the results of my gestational diabetes test; working from home tomorrow and hanging with the kiddos!

Weekly wisdom: there are only 151 days until Christmas!

Milestones: By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds, like a Chinese cabbage and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.

week 28

week 28 cartoon

011 020

02628 weeks Gabby

(the photo on the left is incredibly embarrassing but I'm going to post it anyway.. you can see just how dirty our mirror is.. oh my, I’m sorry!) 

No comments: