Friday, March 5, 2010

3 months old! [photos added!]

First I'd like to apologize for always changing my blog layout/design.  I get bored easily!  I wish I knew how to design a nice fancy one that I wouldn't want to change all the time.  There are a lot of bloggers out there that do custom designs but I don't have the extra dough for one right now!  Okay, moving on..

Gabby is 3 months old today.. where has the time gone?!  My little sweet potato has changed SO much in the past 3 months, it's so incredible to watch her grow =)  She still continues to be such a pleasant baby and very easy to care for.  She soothes herself to sleep, she only cries when she needs a diaper change or is super hungry and she smiles all the time.. we are so in love!!  Gabby doesn't go back to the doctor until 4 months old so she gets out of shots this month.  Here are some fun things about our little Gabby girl:
  • You weigh about 14 pounds!
  • You are still in 0-3 month clothing but not for much longer.
  • You wear size 2 diapers - still pampers swaddlers
  • You laughed for the first time on Sat. February 27th - SO freakin' cute!
  • Big brother can always make you smile.
  • You have your daddy wrapped right around your little finger.. and I'm sure that will never change!
  • You love having your diaper changed - you kick and wiggle like crazy!
  • You've tried out your bumbo seat and you seem to like it so far.
  • Nap time is best in your bouncy seat, except now you've learned how to pull on the birdie and make your music play so sometimes nap times turns into music time!
  • Your mommy has become more obsessed with hair accessories - you just look so cute in your little headbands.
  • You are eating about 6 ounces per feeding and are still eating whenever you're hungry.. which varies from day to day.
  • We just switched you to the medium flow nipple and you are doing really well with it.
  • Momma can't wait to paint your nails!
  • Your head control is wonderful!  And you still have crazy strong legs.
  • You like to fall asleep with your heater on at night.. I think the noise is soothing to you.
  • Your smile is contagious and absolutely beautiful!
  • Bath time is still one of your favorite activities.
  • You are a wiggle worm - every time I put you on your play mate it takes about 5 minutes and you have wiggled your way around so you're laying the opposite direction! 
  • Tummy time is not much fun for you anymore but you tolerate it.
  • You still have the most adorable little nose!
I will take her 3 month photos tonight and hopefully post them tonight.. but I can't make any promises!  Tomorrow will be a fun day - we are going to visit my family, then we're going out to lunch, then we're going to visit my Grammie!  I haven't seen her in a while and I miss her terribly.  There will be lots of photos from the day, don't worry.  Oh, I took over 670 photos in the month of February.. yikes!

So I have added some photos - there are a lot of Gabby, I just couldn't pick which ones I liked best.  She was being a turkey and wouldn't smile despite all the silly baby talking from me and big brother!  Oh well, she is still SO stinkin' cute =)
love this - such a silly face!

 
one of Gabby's new bows - doesn't match well but still fun!
 
first 3-6 month outfit - fits her well!
  
  
seriously adorable nose!
love her fuzzy hair after a bath!
 Gavin's art gallery in the kitchen!
 
my fortune from dinner tonight.

 
a dental office came to his school today!
 
my dried Valentine's Day roses.
super cute - even with Gav's messy face =)

Today is Gavin's last day of daycare.  This will be a big change for our family.  Since hubbs works nights he is going to keep the kiddos 1 or 2 days, I am going to work from home one day and my mother-in-law is going to watch them the other 2 or 3 mornings.  It will be an interesting schedule and will take some getting used to but it's definitely necessary.  With surprise #3 coming I won't get much paid maternity leave since I used most of my saved vacation and paid absence with Gabby.  We need to save for my leave and we need to save for the delivery/nursery care bills since I just changed my insurance.  That sure was stupid but I had NO idea I'd be pregnant again.

Okay, that's enough for now - check back later to see if her photos are up - hopefully after the kiddos go to bed tonight I can get them posted!  Happy Friday =)

3 comments:

Erin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelly said...

Happy 3 months gorgeous girl!
Also, I would love to do a blog layout for you. I know how it can be with money, so I will do it for free. (shhh, don't tell anyone) :) Just e-mail me at Koxborough@yahoo.com
Also, Makenzie got those PJ's form my mother in law, they are my fav...from Gymboree (I never shop there, unless there is a major clearance)

Jessi said...

They are both just adorable! Congratulations on #3. I can't imagine the shock you felt but your friend and family are right, it will be okay and God doesn't give us anymore than we can handle. Your kids are adorable!