Tuesday, September 29, 2009

29 weeks = a squash!


 
 
 
WAHOOOO - her room is painted a beautiful pink!!!!  I just love it - thank you to my wonderful hubby :o)  I cannot wait to get things organized and get the room looking like a real nursery.. it's going to be so classy!



AND, guess what... Gummy Bear School Bus Anderson has a real name... drum roll please...
GABRIELLE LOUISE ANDERSON :o)  Is anyone surprised?!?  I just love the way it sounds and I love the meaning - and Gavin can say it and my hubby picked it out - so it's a win win all the way around (until Gabrielle shares with me she hates it!)


29 week quiz:
How far along: 29 weeks 1 day 
Weight gain: +22 pounds 
Stretch marks: yes - oh well.

Sleep: not too bad this past week - although my dreams have been insane - I had a dream a few weeks ago that I got pregnant again (while I was still pregnant with Gummy Bear) and I couldn't figure out how I would deliver her and keep the other baby safe in my tummy.  I thought it was the most insane dream... until recently I read about a lady who that actually happened to... SO crazy!!  (although some doctors do think her babies could be twins but others think they were actually conceived at different times)

Food cravings: I really want Texas.Roadhouse - but I haven't given in to this craving yet... yet...

Gender: girl!! :o)

New maternity clothes: YES!! My awesome, sweet, well-dressed coworker MaryBeth (who had her son last December) let me borrow a bunch of clothes a couple of months ago and she just recently gave me 3 more of her maternity shirts to borrow and they are wonderful!!  And I got 2 new pair of pants - a pair of gray dress pants and a pair of jeans - I'm not excited I had to spend the $ but it was definitely worth it.

New baby items: YES!! Pretty pink paint in her room and the 2 new outfits in the photos below.

Belly button in or out: I'd say half in half out :o)

Labor signs: I had a scare Sunday night - I was having very painful cramps in my lower abdomen for about 10 minutes and I was ready to call the doctor but thankfully they stopped.  Other than that I've only had the braxton hicks contractions - they are not painful but can get pretty darn annoying and uncomfortable after awhile.

What I miss: running, sleeping on my tummy, super hot baths, my cute cherry tattoo that now looks like an apple tattoo :o)

Best moment of the week: Gavin's 3rd birthday party with family, the Memory Walk in honor of my Grammie and seeing Gabrielle's room so pretty and pink!!!

What I'm looking forward to: continuing to work on her room, Gavin's birthday on Friday, possibly going to a pumpkin patch next weekend and a women's health training on Thursday (it's a training for work but it's all related to pregnancy so it should be very interesting!!)

Weekly Wisdom: (not at all pregnancy related!)"Seeing death as the end of life is like seeing the horizon as the end of the ocean." 
9 years ago today many of us lost a close friend - John Michael Thompson, Jr. - he was such a funny and crazy guy who had a heart of gold and loved making people laugh.  I think of him almost every day, especially when I get in my car and see the piece of the Ford Probe John was in when the accident occurred.  (yes, I've kept it in my door since the day I found it at the accident scene 9 years ago)  I miss you Johnny T. just as everyone who knew you does.. I can't wait to hear your laugh again someday. 

Milestones: Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds, like a butternut squash and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.



 
 
 
 
 

No comments: