Tuesday, September 1, 2009

25 weeks = an eggplant!



(FYI!) The top photo is week #25 size, the second is month #6 size (weeks 25-28), the third is the baby during week #25 and the fourth is a silly cartoon for week 25. 

I am 6 months pregnant... when in the world did that happen?!?  I knew that the beginning would go slow and right around 20 weeks things would start to pick up, boy was I right!!  The past week has been pretty productive.. I've finally started emptying out the nursery/play room and packing things away.  I've also gone through all the bins of Gavin's clothing so we have a lot more storage space in the basement - but I have NO idea what to do with the 6-7 bins full of very gently used clothing.  I bought a small sample of paint last night just to test it out and I think it's a little too pink.  Steven, Gavin and I went back to Lo.we's tonight to look for a slighter lighter shade.  We were there for 5 minutes and Steven found the perfect one.  (we will go back in a few weeks, when the room is cleaned out completely - to buy the paint and all the necessary painting tools!)  I was there for almost an hour last night searching and searching - go figure!  We don't have a lot of decorations/hangings for her walls so I really don't want the pink to be too overwhelming.

I just have to quickly say/type that I hate money.  Money is the root of all (well most) evil and I can't stand it.  Never in my life have I been as consumed with money as I have been in the past month or so.. it's terrible.. and annoying.. and I hate it.  Working on a budget, planning for maternity leave, planning for Gavin's birthday, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Gummy Bear's arrival, Christmas, Steven's birthday.. ahhhhhh!!!  I wish I would have listened when I was younger about how important it is to save money and be wise with money.  (not that we're crazy with our money - but definitely could be a little wiser!)  Anybody got a couple [[million]] bucks they want to throw my way =)

Guess what?!?! A private investigator that has been doing some work for me on a case came in to the office on Thursday and asked when I was due!!!  Finally someone who didn't know I was pregnant actually acknowledged my belly - it makes me feel like I finally look pregnant and not chubby =)


25 week pregnancy quiz:
How far along: 25 weeks 1 day - we are almost under 100 days until Gummy Bear's due date 
Any new maternity clothes: nope - with the weather getting cooler I'm hoping I am going to be able to find some fall/winter clothes in my closet that actually fit!  (back to the $ statement - I really don't want to waste $ on maternity clothes..) 
Any new baby clothes/items: not this week - unless you count paint samples =) 
Weight gain: I am still about +15 pounds - I lost a couple pounds over the weekend due to baseball park food that just didn't sit well in my tummy... but I am sure I will put that back on in no time! 
Sleep: I am getting up about twice to use the potty and I haven't been having much trouble getting comfortable - but I still can't ever seem to get enough sleep!! 
Best moment of the week: finally feeling like we've made some progress on the nursery; hearing her heart beat at the doctor last Tuesday; showing off her clothing to some family members!! 
Movement: oh yes, she is definitely an active little lady!  (it is so amazing!) 
Food cravings: salad, gala apples, pickles 
Gender: Team Pink! 
Labor signs: No! 
Belly button in or out: both, we will call it 'funny shape' for now 
What I miss: my normal clothes, sleeping on my belly, running - same old stuff! 
What I'm looking forward to: FALL = pumpkin patches, parades, leaves changing colors, Gavin's 3rd birthday, Alzheimer's Association Memory Walk, beautiful cool weather.. it's my favorite season!!  Another would be continuing progress in the nursery and getting closer to our baby girl's arrival =)  
Weekly wisdom: "No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted." 
Milestones: Your little grower’s physical proportions are evening out at this point and most of their remaining development will largely be weight gain and lots and lots of nervous system development. The good news is: if your child is born premature now they’ll be more likely to survive without too much trauma as their lungs began to produce “surfactant” last week, which means their tiny respiratory system is getting stronger with each passing day. Yes, now’s a good time for a minor sigh of relief and a quick pat on the back.  

 this is my view =)
*if anyone has a good suggestion for a free photo editing program online I'd love to hear it.. these photos are always real crappy but I can't use my flash.. so I am sorry!!  (I feel like this week is exceptionally bad not only because of the coloring but because I look so stinkin' tired!)

No comments: