Wednesday, September 23, 2009

28 week doctor visit recap

Just a quick break down of my doctor visit this morning:

Glucose drink = Hawaiian punch on steroids = GROSS!!
Urine = no trace of protein & no trace of glucose
Blood pressure = 101/64
Weight = ....officially up 22 pounds.... which is right on track for "average" weight gain....
Heartbeat = 145 beats per minute - sounded lovely, as usual!!
New, very young doctor = seemed very nervous and unsure of what to say/ask
Favorite quote from nervous new doctor = "well you're pretty boring" - obviously a good thing, meaning there is nothing abnormal with the pregnancy but still funny to tell a patient you've just met
Next appointment = October 14, 2009 at 8:10 a.m.  (I thought I would be going every 2 weeks now, but the nervous doctor had written 3 - I am going to call today to confirm this - I am wondering if because he's new it really should be 2 weeks or because I'm boring I don't have to go back for 3 weeks!)
Blood work for gestational diabetes = PAINFUL! - I usually don't mind getting my blood drawn or getting shots but for some reason today's lab work was very painful - I even cried for a minute when I got into my car.. oh man, I need to toughen up if I'm going to be giving birth in 2 1/2 months :o)

Hard to believe we are getting close to the end - I am terrified but totally excited!!

No comments: