Tuesday, September 15, 2009

27 weeks = almost 3rd trimester!


I think this is our last week in the 2nd trimester - so insane!  We now have 10 weeks until I am full term = 37 weeks.  I know that doesn't mean Gummy Bear will be here in 10 weeks, but that does mean that, should I go into labor after that point they will not do anything to stop the labor.  Hard to believe that realistically we could have a baby in just 70 days!! :o)  Not much new news to report - we didn't get the painting done yet.. hopefully soon.. and trust me, I will post photos of the nursery progress!

Gavin shared this weekend that he thinks Gummy Bear's name should be Spiderman, ah the mind of a 3 year old!!  He talks about his baby "sisser" a lot and he has started to give my belly kisses.. adorable!!  I think he's going to be a great big brother, but I can't help but feel somewhat bad for him.  His whole world is going to change.. and he really has no control over it.

I am really excited about the fall weather - it has always been my favorite season and I am already loving it!  Football, beautiful leaves, pumpkins, candy corn, corn mazes, parades, mums.. I just love everything about fall!!  Speaking of mums, I have always wanted to buy a mum or two for my house but have never wanted to waste spend the $ because I would probably just let it die.  Well, for Labor Day my mom bought me a beautiful mum - such a lovely fall copper color - I was SO beyond excited when she gave it to me!  Guess what... it's still alive!!!  I need to take some photos of it as proof, because I am sure those of you that know me can't believe I could actually keep a plant alive for more than 5 days!  THANKS MOM!!!

Anyway, Gummy Bear is moving around a ton and has really grown to like oreos and milk.  I wish mommy didn't like them so much :o)  We have our next doctor visit on Tues. Sept. 23rd at 7:50 a.m.  First I have to drink the glucose drink, then I have my regular visit with the doctor, then I have to get my blood drawn to see if I have gestational diabetes (GD).  I did not have GD when I was pregnant with Gavin so I am hoping I am clear this time too.. but I have a funny feeling.

27 week quiz:
How far along: 27 weeks 1 day
Weight gain: well, I'd say I am up about 18 lbs or so - I am truly scared of the scale ;o)
Any new maternity clothes: yes, I bought a pair of corduroys at a consignment shop for $4.00 - and my coworker Amy gave me a shirt from NY.and.Company that she bought from Goodwill, it's not a maternity shirt but sure fits like one (it's actually the shirt I have on in my photos below!) Thanks Amy!
Any new baby purchases: nope.
Sleep: some nights = good some nights = bad -- I am getting up to use the potty about twice per night now
Best moment of the week: seeing family at the Schroder family reunion on Sunday; college football starting; the beginning of some fall weather; getting holes patched in the nursery
Stretch marks: oh man - they came out of nowhere - my poor hips will never look the same :o(
Food cravings: oreos and milk, chocolate, hot chocolate - wonder why I have stretch marks?!?!
Gender: girl :o)
Movement: yeppers - she's moving a lot - I will try to take a video of her dancing sometime so everyone can see how much she makes my tummy move!
Labor signs: no true labor signs but I am continuing to have the braxton hicks contractions..
Belly button in or out: still a funny shape.
What I miss: this past week I have really missed my normal clothes; I really don't have many nice maternity clothes that fit me well and it's really making me miss my old wardrobe.
What I'm looking forward to: our DR visit next week & hopefully learning I do not have GD; making progress on her nursery; the Memory Walk next weekend, Gavin's 3rd birthday coming up on Oct. 2nd, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Gummy Bear's due date, Christmas, Steven's birthday - we are coming up on a very busy couple of months!!
Weekly wisdom: "Get busy living or get busy dying." - a quote from my favorite movie Shawshank Redemption
Milestones: This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds, like a head of cauliflower, and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.
 
  
  
yes, I know this one is blurry but it's the best one I got! 
I thought it may be a good idea to try and take my belly photos at the start of the day instead of the end because I am always so tired and it really shows in my photos.  Now that I look at these, I think I look just as tired so it really doesn't matter when I take them ;o)  It's not like they're going in my modeling profile or anything, it's just a fun keepsake for Gummy Bear and myself!

No comments: