Tuesday, May 12, 2009

9 weeks!

Our last week in the single digits - wahoo!!! I said that to my hubby today and he said, "what, in weight gain?!" Not funny sweetheart! It's been a somewhat uneventful week, although Mother's Day was enjoyable except for loosing my dinner and having silly ovary pains, oh pregnancy is wonderful =) (I am being sincere when I say that!)

Steven spoke with my midwife yesterday who said what I have is a complex cyst. It's about 3.7 centimeters, which is about the size of a lime. She said that it's not the smallest she's seen but it's not the largest and they don't tend to get very concerned until they reach 7 to 8 centimeters. She explained that unless my pain becomes very persistent and unbearable they will wait and check the cyst again around 20 weeks to see if it has changed at all. She explained that if it becomes too large it may need to be surgically removed, oh I really hope that doesn't have to happen! I am thankful that she called and told him all of this, I feel better knowing a little more than I did before. It doesn't scare me too much but it is really annoying because the pain just comes out of nowhere and it makes me look funny when I reach for and start to run my side. Oh well, you take the beauty with the pain I guess!

Here is my 9 week pregnancy quiz - oh so fun!

How far along: 9 weeks 1 day
Total weight gain/loss: still + 2 pounds
Maternity clothes: none yet, I did wear my tummy sleeve on Saturday and I did not enjoy it as much as I thought I would.
Stretch marks: no new ones
Sleep:
sleep is good, I need as much as I can get!!
Best moment of this week: finding out more information about the cyst; getting to tell the rest of my co-workers!!
Movement: none yet, oh I can't wait to feel those little legs kicking me!!
Food cravings: I stilly really really want some corn on the cob; I've also been craving lots of salty foods, bad I know! mmmmm.. french fries...
Gender: I am dead set on girl - but I think it's because I'd really love to have a girl - so maybe from now on I should say boy!
Labor signs: oh my no!
Belly button in or out:
still an innie
What I miss:
sleeping on my belly; not feeling full all the time; being able to work out and sweat as hard as I can and as much as I want; having energy; having an alcoholic beverage whenever I want!
What I'm looking forward to: heaing Gummy Bear's heartbeat next Wednesday; watching my belly continue to grow!
Weekly wisdom:
try not to let the pregnancy consume your every thought - you still need to relax and enjoy life (I have struggled with this from time to time!)
Milestones:
Your baby's heart finishes dividing into four chambers, and the valves start to form — as do her tiny teeth. The embryonic "tail" is completely gone. Your baby's organs, muscles, and nerves are kicking into gear. The external sex organs are there but won't be distinguishable as male or female for another few weeks. Her eyes are fully formed, but her eyelids are fused shut and won't open until 27 weeks. She has tiny earlobes, and her mouth, nose, and nostrils are more distinct. (thanks babycenter!)

This is such a fun journey for us and it's so nice to be able to share it like this with family and friends!!


Love & blessings,

No comments: