Tuesday, May 5, 2009

8 weeks and fun photos!

We have made it to 8 weeks and I can finally blog about this fun adventure! We had our first prenatal appointment today - nothing too thrilling - but we did get to schedule an ultrasound for this afternoon. I have been having a lot of pain concentrated on my left side and my midwife was concerned it may be another cyst on my left ovary. My bloodwork was scheduled for 3 p.m. this afternoon and our first ultrasound was at 3:15 p.m. I had to go back to work for a few hours in between our appointment and our ultrasound - boy it was hard to focus!

The lab work went well - 6 vials of blood total - the lady told me I had "a juicer" - in reference to my arm.. I don't know if that's good or bad! The ultrasound was incredible. We got to see Gummy Bear on the big screen and see the heart fluttering away. The heart beat was 150 bpm, which is perfect! She did some measuring of the baby and he/she is at 7 weeks 5 days, which is not enough for them to change my due date, which is December 14, 2009 - that date puts me at 8 weeks 1 day.
I told the tech about my left side pain and as soon as she moved to that ovary she said, "oh yea, there's why, you have a large cyst on your left ovary." She spent a lot of time measuring the cyst and we learned that it's 3 1/2 centimeters. She shared the news with our midwife who will contact me once she has spoken with the radiologist about the images. Shelley, our midwife will call to talk with us about what steps to take next. I asked the tech what is usually done and she couldn't really give me a definitive answer, which I suspected, so at this point I just have to wait to hear from my midwife to learn what we need to do about the cyst. Surprisingly I am not too concerned about it, and I am thankful now to know what has been causing my discomfort, but I do pray that it does not have any negative affects on Gummy Bear!

Enjoy this funny photo of all my pregnancy tests - this does not include the six digital tests I took. I figured I spent $ on the tests, I might as well use them all!
This is a shirt I made for Gavin - I bought the shirt and graphic at AC. Moore and ironed my little heart out! I can't wait for him to wear it =)

I will finish off today's post with my oh-so-fun pregnancy quiz!! Please don't mind all the belly photos - I don't have many from my pregnancy with Gavin so I am trying to make sure I capture each week, if possible!

How far along:
8 weeks and 1 day
Total weight gain/loss:
no change.
Maternity clothes:
I do have a belly band that I haven't worn yet - that's about it. I am still in my normal clothes but I am certainly starting to feel a difference.
Stretch Marks:
no thank you - only the ones that stuck around from Gavin.
Sleep:
I need as much as I can get - otherwise I am falling asleep at my desk in the middle of the day, not good!
Best moment this week:
oh this is easy - seeing our Gummy Bear for the first time, learning that the heart beat is perfect and FINALLY getting to tell everyone!!
Movement:
not yet
Food cravings:
I still really really want some good corn on the cob!
Gender:
Our midwife told us today that a man's family history of gender does not have anything to do with predicting a baby's gender - therefore it is possible for us to have a girl. At this point, that's my hunch, but maybe that's because I'd love to have a girl.
Labor signs:
nope.
Belly button in or out:
in
What I miss:
sweet tea and sleeping on my belly.
What I'm looking forward to:
talking to my midwife about this cyst on my left ovary; going in to hear Gummy Bear's heart beat with the doppler in 2 weeks!
Weekly wisdom:
some things are definitely worth the wait!
Milestones:
Gummy Bear's fingers and toes are poking out from his/her body and his/her eyelids practically cover the eyes.



Love & blessings,

No comments: