Wednesday, May 4, 2011

truths.

oh my, I had set out to do 30 truths in 30 (or so) days and the last truth I posted was at the end of March – and I had only gotten to #7 – and #7 was lame.  So – here goes!

Truth #8:  I am in a total blogging ‘funk’ that I can’t really explain.  I guess I just feel so behind with all that I’d like to share it seems overwhelming so it’s easier for me to just not post at all.  I worry about sharing too much sometimes.  I worry about sharing too much about one child and not enough about the others.  I worry about someone stealing my photographs.  I worry about someone taking something I say the wrong way.  I worry about being judged or misunderstood.  I know some of these things are silly but it’s the truth.

Truth #9:  A couple of the blogs I follow have recently shared they are expecting and it has made me realized that I am sad I will never be pregnant again.  For those that don’t know, my hubby had a vasectomy at the end of March so I’m pretty sure my never again really is never again.  Obviously I know that’s what is best for our family and I definitely don’t regret the decision but it’s a little sad to know I will never experience pregnancy and child birth again.  I don’t miss the heartburn, the gaining weight, the weird skin, the pain and discomfort, the uncontrollable hormones, the frequent doctor appointments, the fear of something going wrong.. I do miss the baby kicks, the comfy, stretchy clothes, the nice hair and nails, the extra attention, the overall excitement, the amazing experience of child birth.  I know many of you think I’m crazy but a little piece of me is sad.

Truth #10: A very dear friend of mine was killed in a car accident in September, 2000.  He was a very intelligent, sweet, funny, passionate, stubborn 17 year old who is missed by many.  Several classmates and I went to the scene a couple of days after the accident and I found a piece of the Ford Probe my friend was riding in.  I picked up that piece of red plastic and put it in the door of my car.  I’ve had 3 other cars since then and today it still rests in the door of my car.  I’m certain it will rest in every car I have until I see him again in Heaven.

Truth #11: I am a reality TV junkie.  Amazing Race, Survivor, Biggest Loser, Dancing With the Stars, 16 & Pregnant, the list goes on!  It’s terrible – I wish I could just disconnect the cable and never watch tv again but I know that will never happen!

Truth #12: I have a serious love/hate relationship with food.  I love eating but hate food and all the complications it can bring.  I’ve always been a picky eater and it stinks.  I have never really been a ‘healthy’ eater which also stinks.  I’m a terrible cook and an even worse meal-planner.  If we could all have cereal for dinner every day I’d be one happy gal.  Please, if anyone has any food/meal planning websites, blogs, books, anything, I am all ears!

Okay, time to get my butt in gear and do something productive around this house!  I will leave you with some cute photos :)

DSC_0156 DSC_0982 051

[Gabby hated the Easter bunny, so momma had to join the photo!]

No comments: