Tuesday, August 31, 2010

33 weeks!

Gabby pulled herself up to a standing position last night!  She is growing so fast!  Before we know it she’s going to be walking along the furniture then she’s going to be walking all by herself – oh no =)  Then.. before we know it her baby brother is going to be walking by himself.. yes, right now he’s just walking on my ribs and I feel like that’s never going to end but I said the same thing when I was pregnant with Gabby.
Last Saturday we went to a Barnstormers baseball game; it was Gabby’s first game and she did incredible!  We got there around 6 p.m. and didn’t leave until after 10 p.m. and she barely fussed the entire night.  Gavin was wonderful too.. he really loves baseball and would sit and watch an entire game with no trouble at all.
063 065 066 067 071 074

Here are some random shots from our weekend: 
014
006 008 012
Gabby has been doing pretty well with her sippy cup =)
002 003
I love napping with her, it doesn’t happen often but when it does it’s heavenly
023
and just because she’s so darn cute! [and because her brother continues to run away from my camera whenever I have it out so I have no new photos of him.]
001
Here’s my belly stuff for the week.. my ticker says we have 46 days to go until my due date.. thank goodness!  I am absolutely ready to meet this little man.  Yes, I am terrified about what it will be like to have a 4 year old, a 10 month old and a newborn but I’m also really ready to just get settled and figure out how our new life as a family of 5 is going to be.
 
How far along: 33 weeks 3 days
Weight gain: no idea - last week I was +17 lbs so I will say +18 this week.
New maternity clothes: nope.. I really am looking forward to fall so I can start wearing some of the long sleeve tops I have.. the short sleeve and 3/4 length sleeve shirts are really getting old {since I wear the same ones every single stinkin' week!}
New baby items: no - although I did find another bin of Gavin's old clothes and found some super cute newborn and 3 month outfits I had forgotten we had =)
Stretch marks: yep.. and unfortunately I think there are more than what I can really see..
Sleep: well if I could just stop getting up every couple of hours to pee I'd be okay.. it's funny how for a few days I don't use the potty at all during the night then other days it's constant.. leave my bladder alone little man!
Best moment of the week: watching Gavin and Gabby play with each other - he can really make her laugh!
Food cravings: Texas Roadhouse.. sweet tea and rolls.. delicious! {and expensive.. boo!}
Gender: BOY!!  This is a definite =)
Labor signs: I've definitely been contracting a lot more recently but I don't really think it has anything to do with labor.. I think it's just my uterus growing and getting agitated.  I am really not looking forward to giving birth.. again.. but I really am ready to meet this fella.
Belly button in or out: it's basically an outie.. looks pretty strange. 
What I miss: I am going to be 100% honest here.. I miss everything about not being pregnant.. I really am so tired of being pregnant.. it's not fun or enjoyable anymore.. yes, it's beautiful and amazing what my body is doing but I'm tired.. I do feel blessed, genuinely blessed, to have had 3 healthy pregnancies but I really am ready to have my body back and hold my stinker on the outside.
What I'm looking forward to: holiday weekend; hopefully accomplishing some stuff around the house to prepare for Gum Drop; maybe planning a date night with my hubby if we can find a babysitter.. I miss him terribly..
Weekly wisdom: O Lord, when I am bewildered and the world is all noise and confusion around me and I don't know which way to go and am frightened, then be with me. Put your hand on my shoulder and let your strength invade my weakness and your light burn the mist from my mind. Help me to step forward with faith in the way I should go.
Milestones:  This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a cone head-like appearance. These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.

week_33_baby

month_8

I took my belly photos quick before work today because I thought I’d look a little more awake.. boy was I wrong.. I look beat =)

026 031 042

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Wow...33 weeks already! I had chase at 34 weeks. You look great and your little man will be here in no time! :)

Ashley said...

Hey I'm a new follower! You have an adorable family:) You are gonna be a busy busy woman come October! Congrats- 33 weeks- almost there!