Wednesday, August 18, 2010

photos & belly stuff.

Sorry I missed my normal Tuesday post; I know how sad everyone was ;)  I was super sick – pregnancy discomforts and a nasty cold meant an 8 p.m. bedtime for this chick.  Here are some random photos from our weekend and from last week. (I didn’t edit any of these so some aren’t that great but editing them right now is just too much work!)  On Saturday we had a pig roast at our aunt and uncle’s house and it was tons of fun!  It’s nice when my family and Steven’s family get together and hang out – although I didn’t get any photos of the kids with my brothers – I’m pretty sure my mom got them on her camera.  {Mom, I need to get them from you, please!}  I also don’t have many photos of Gav because if he wasn’t in the pool he was off running with the big kids and was definitely not wanting to hang out with his momma!  The weather was beautiful, the kids were very well-behaved, the food was delicious and it was just tons of fun. (can’t wait for next year when I can enjoy a few beers by the pool!!)

042 048 050  062 065 067   072 074   079 080 082 105 107 110 117

Now, my normal belly/pregnancy quiz stuff..

How far along: 31 weeks 3 days
Weight gain: I actually haven’t been on the scale in the past week – my guess would be +13 or 14 lbs.
New maternity clothes: no but I wish I had extra $ for some new pants; I’m running out of comfortable stuff and I actually had to use a hair tie to ‘button’ a pair of my maternity pants the other day.. super uncomfortable! 
New baby items: just some new clothes – Gavin picked out a nice warm jammie outfit for the winter – and I may have found an outfit for his newborn photo and car ride home!  I’ve been a big slakcer with photos of his new stuff.. I really do need to get on that =)
Stretch marks: no new ones.. thank goodness!
Sleep: well last night since I was sick I went to bed around 8 p.m. – and the night before I went to bed at 9:30 p.m. so I’ve been getting a lot of rest lately, but of course I’m still exhausted.  Potty trips have decreased but it’s still wicked hard to find a comfy position. 
Best moment of the week: spending time with family over the weekend; going out to lunch with my mom today; watching Gabby continue to master crawling!
Food cravings: a good slice of pizza – I worked at a pizza shop in college so I’m pretty picky about my pizza! 
Gender: BOY =) 
Labor signs: oh my goodness I am so tired of these stupid contractions and cramps are really starting to bother me; I’ve been having at least 2 to 3 an hour, if not more; YUCK! 
Belly button in or out: very very close to being a full-time outie!
What I miss: definitely this week I’d say drinking wine; not worrying about taking medicine; wearing normal clothes and sleeping on my belly.
What I'm looking forward to: my ultrasound on Friday – hopefully Mr. Gum Drop isn’t breech anymore – and hopefully this placenta thing my midwife is worried about is no longer there..
Weekly wisdom: let your spouse know you appreciate them; Steven – THANK YOU for all you do for me and the kids; thank you for letting me rest last night when I was miserable; thank you for putting the kids to bed; thank you for offering to let me rest today; just one big THANK YOU =)  I LOVE YOU!!

Milestones: This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. She weighs about 3.3 pounds, try carrying four navel oranges and is heading into a growth spurt.  She can turn her head from side to side, and her arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath her skin.  She's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.

week_31_baby

week_31_oragnes

week_31_cartoon

134 147 153

No comments: