Tuesday, April 27, 2010

15 weeks = an orange & a FUN surprise!!

If you look back on my 15 week post with Gabby I have the same images - sorry if that bores you but it's neat for me to post them again to see the changes.
this cartoon cracks me up -- it's SO true!!

 15 weeks 3 days - I do have a little belly but it's not too noticeable in the photo
 
It's been a good week - I had a great visit with the midwife on Friday and my ultrasound today was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!  I really wasn't sure if I'd get to see Gum Drop much since the ultrasound was to check on the ovarian cyst but the ultrasound tech was super sweet and spent a lot of time checking out Gum Drop.  I got to see the baby's heart, brain, bladder, stomach, legs, arms, nose.. just about everything.. even the baby's PENIS!!!!  GUM DROP IS A BABY BOY!!!  
My cyst has not grown at all (thank God!) but it hasn't gotten any smaller either.  She said it looks fine, it's not leaking any fluids and there are no signs of hemorrhage, which is good.  Rachel, the ultrasound tech said it will hopefully begin shrinking and should be smaller by my 20 week ultrasound.  I'm not counting on that considering it's still almost the exact same size it was during my pregnancy with Gabby. 

How far along: 15 weeks 3 days
Total weight gain/loss: Now I'm holding steady at +0.  It's hard to believe I haven't gained any weight but I'm thankful since I still have an extra 15 lbs from Miss Gabby.  (and I feel okay about it since my midwife wasn't concerned.)
Maternity clothes: I'm still in some normal clothes - I used a hair tie on my jeans this weekend but today I am wearing normal pants with not much problem.  I'm sure in a couple of weeks my 'normal' pants will be out the door!
New baby items: YES - I bought a couple of items today after my ultrasound.. couldn't help myself.
Sleep: I'm tossing and turning but it hasn't been too bad recently - still having pain from the cyst but I guess I can deal with it a little better now knowing it's nothing 'major'
Best moment this week: seeing Gum Drop during the ultrasound =)
Movement: no, I could see Gum Drop moving on the screen but can't feel it yet.. hopefully in the next few weeks!!
Food cravings: Thanks to my dear friends Ashley and Beth I'm craving Tastycake Chocolate Chip cookie bars.. SO good!!!
Gender: BOY.. it's fun to be right =)
Labor Signs: no thanks..
Belly Button in or out: in.
What I miss: this gets old week after week - it's always the same stuff - I could have really enjoyed a nice glass of wine at the bridal shower I went to on Saturday..
What I am looking forward to: BOY stuff!!!

Weekly Wisdom: "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." - Jeremiah 29:13
Milestones: Your growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces . She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but she is forming taste buds. Finally, if you have an ultrasound this week, you may be able to find out whether your baby's a boy or a girl!



2 comments:

Meant to be a mom said...

Congrats on Gum drop being a boy. How exciting! I'm glad everything looked good and he is doing great. And thank goodness the cyst isn't growing any bigger or leaking. I guess that's better news than if it was. Hopefully it will start to shrink soon like you said.

Kelly said...

congrats on the BOY!!! Are you thinking a 'G' boy name??
Gage?? Gabe?? Garrett?? Gavrick?? Grayson??