Tuesday, June 30, 2009

16 weeks = an avocado!!



Wow, an avocado - Gummy Bear's getting bigger!!! Not much has happened in the past week, except for the awesome ultrasound that I wrote about already. I do still need to get some of the photos scanned.

Last week I went to Creation for the first time. My work, Bethany Christian Services, had a booth so I went for work. I had an amazing time but it was hard being away from Gavin and Steven. I got to see a lot of amazing Christian musicians - Casting Crowns, Third Day, Chris Tomlin, Lincoln Brewster, Barlowgirl, Hawk Nelson and several more. I didn't get to actually see every concert but while working at the Bethany booth we could hear the concerts so it worked out! I also got to hear some great speakers - Joyce Meyer, Greg Laurie and Ron Luce. Each message seemed to really touch me personally.. but I won't get into all that! We had a great time camping - it was my first time ever sleeping in a tent - but the port-a-pottys were pretty yucky!!

Moving on to my 16 week quiz:

How far along:
16 weeks 1 day
Weight gain/loss:
at this point I'm up about 6 or 7 pounds
Maternity clothes:
I wore my first "complete" maternity outfit today to work, it was very comfortable!!
Stretch marks:
I am noticing more on my belly, I'm fearful they're going to be super big in December - time to start with the coco butter =)
Sleep:
I have still been completely exhausted, and sleeping soundly!
Best moment of the week:
definitely my unexpected free ultrasound, it was truly amazing to see baby Gummy Bear moving all around =) =)

Movement:
not yet, but I am paying more attention because I should be able to feel movement in the next couple of weeks
Food cravings:
this morning I wanted a bacon, egg and cheese biscuit from McDonalds, which was really weird because I have been completely turned off by eggs lately. (I did buy one, and it was delicious.)
Gender:
boy - I am about 95% convinced it's a boy - Mommy's little monster =)
Labor signs:
nope.
Belly button in or out:
still in.
What I miss:
still sleeping on my belly, energy, running and a nice cold bud light.
What I'm looking forward to:
my doctor appointment tomorrow morning and hopefully scheduling our big ultrasound!!!!
Weekly wisdom:
water really is good for you - it may taste like crap - but drink it anyway. Milestones: Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well.

Okay, time to go finish up some laundry.. don't forget to vote on the gender poll!! Love & blessings,


No comments: