Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Gummy Bear's heart beat!!!



Please don't pay any attention to my big hips, just focus on the galloping heart beat you can hear =) I was a little disappointed because of all the static but you can still hear the lovely heart!!!

My appointment went well, I've only gained 1 pound since my last visit so that's a plus and my blood pressure is great! She talked about my labs and all looks good so far. I did have blood drawn today for the Triple Screen test, this tests for Down Syndrome and other chromosomal abnormalities. We talked about the big ultrasound and she thought it would be best to wait until I am 22 weeks.. let me explain! My brother Chris was born with some heart abnormalities so they'd like me to be seen by Maternal Fetal Medicine to do a special scan of the baby's heart to make sure there are no defects. It's best to do this scan at 22 weeks so we decided to do the heart scan and the level 2 ultrasound at the same time. My thought is this - maybe, just maybe MFM has better/more high tech ultrasound machines then the normal OB.GYN office so the ultrasound will be more clear and done with a better machine. I'm holding on to this to get me through until August. Oh this means 6 more weeks of not knowing the gender.. how will I survive?!?!! My appointment is scheduled for Tuesday August 11th at 8:30 a.m. Thank heavens it's first thing in the morning =) LET THE COUNTDOWN BEGIN!!!

6 comments:

Melinda said...

I love how Steven is dancing to the heartbeat in the backgound!!!!!

Lindsay said...

Awww - how cute!! I loved MFM! I don't know if their machines are any better but the doctors and Ultrasound techs are the best in my opinion! And they are so good at what they do! And one of the doctors over there is a dead ringer for Dr. Drew!

Anonymous said...

I really want to say sincerely that this is amazing content that you have shared.
joker gloves
Genuine Pitted Leather Palms Batting Gloves to warrant the Ball Catch.
Durable Baseball Gloves ensured by Advanced Tech Stitching,
Top Grade Cloth with Neoprene Cuff.

imran khan said...

Can I just say what a relief to discover somebody who genuinely understands what they are talking about on the net? You actually know how to bring a problem to light and make it important.

Sarah J. said...

I enjoyed reading your blog post about how you found a cantaloupe. It was interesting that you were able to tell how old the cantaloupe was based on how many weeks it had passed. I think that this is a very interesting and helpful blog post. Search Engine Optimization

Anonymous said...

hiring for saudi arabia in pakistan