Wednesday, June 10, 2009

13 weeks - beware long post!

Gummy Bear is a peach this week =) SO cool!!!

Oh man where do I begin - the past week has been a complete blur. I will update on some non-related pregnancy issues that have been going on. For almost the past 2 months I've been having serious pain in my left knee. I finally decided to see a doctor about it on Monday and he felt that physical therapy would be helpful since neither of us felt x-rays or an MRI would be a good option. So I sucked it up and went to physical therapy yesterday. Chris, the therapist, said that I injured my meniscus and then he had me do a ton of exercises. He let me know, as if I didn't already know, that my lower body is pretty weak and he thinks it would really help my knee if I can work on strengthening my hips and thighs. Oh boy that sounds lovely, huh!?! I have exercised I need to do twice per day and I am supposed to ice the front and back of my knee for 15 minutes 3 times a day. I am going to do my best to follow these guidelines and attend my therapy sessions each week but man I am already sore from these exercises! When Chris was satisfied with my exercises he had me lay with a ton of ice on my knee - I think my leg was frozen for the rest of the day!!

So, after all that is done it's back to work for a Domestic Infant Adoption Info. mtg. When I walk in the door our administrative assistant asks if I've talked to my mom, she proceeds with this statement, "your mom called and she said that your dad's in the hospital but it's not an emergency." What?? Not an emergency?? Oh my mom is just so silly, those phrases don't go together well! So long story short - my dad has more blockage in his arteries so they put 2 more stents in. He was admitted on Tuesday and will hopefully be released tomorrow but who knows! I wish I understood more of what was going on with him and his heart but I just don't quite get it all. It does make me realize though that I really need to start eating better and exercising more. I definitely don't come from the best genes!!

Okay, on to Gummy Bear stuff - I've felt fairly good this week but cravings have been terrible!! What Gummy Bear wants Gummy Bear gets!!

How far along: 13 weeks 1 day
Total weight gain/loss: I'm up about 5 pounds
Maternity clothes: I've purchased some but really haven't worn any yet. I just bought a pair of nice maternity black dress pants for work at Tar.get - originally $30 on sale for $8 - oh yea!!!
Stretch marks: no new ones.
Sleep: I've been sleeping fairly well - except for some crazy dreams - last night in my dream a grizzly bear attacked me and ate my arm - so insane!!
Best moment of this week: watching my belly grow and going to our first Barnstormers baseball game of this season!
Movement: not yet.. I'm patiently waiting to feel those lovely kicks =)
Food cravings: oh my goodness I will be completely honest I have been craving McDonalds french fries, yikes! I've also been craving soda - 2 NOT GOOD cravings!!
Gender: I'm back to thinking girl.. hopefully we will find out in 6-7 more weeks!
Labor signs: no!
Belly button in or out: still in - will be for a while - hopefully!!
What I miss: sleeping on my bellyand being less hormonal and moody; I do NOT miss seeing negative pregnancy tests every month!
What I'm looking forward to: our beach trip on Monday and then Creation the following week - all while watching Grummy Bear expand my belly!!
Weekly wisdom: each pregnancy for each woman is very very different - be open to hearing other people's experiences and take all the unsolicited advice politely!
Milestones: Fingerprints have formed on your baby's tiny fingertips, her veins and organs are clearly visible through her still-thin skin, and her body is starting to catch up with her head — which makes up just a third of her body size now. If you're having a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries. Your baby is almost 3 inches long and weighs nearly an ounce. (thanks babycenter!!)
The above photos were taken yesterday - Tuesday - and these photos were taken tonight - Wednesday. It's so funny how 24 hours and a different outfit can make my belly look much different - Gummy Bear is growing =)
Something silly I will share with you - I bought a bag of chips today to have with lunch - I saw them in Wawa and it took me back to 7th and 8th grade! I felt very ripped off though after opening this bag.. here's why!
Yes, I did take these photos in my car beacuse I couldn't wait to get back to the office to eat the chips - all 10 that were in the bag!

And now the last thing - my belly book. I saw this book at Borders when I was about 30 weeks pregnant with Gav and thought it was adorable but of course it was too late to start a belly book beacuse I hadn't taken any belly photos at that point. It was only a few days after I found out about Gummy Bear that I went out and bought the Belly Book! This is why I take a photo of myself every week. It is such an adorable book and will be so special for me to share with Gummy Bear one day!
Love & blessings,


No comments: