Thursday, April 14, 2011

clarification (& cuteness).

I got to thinking after my post yesterday, I wonder how many people are going to think I am super lame for buying myself a birthday gift.  I hope no one.. but I am sure it raised a few eyebrows here and there.  My birthday isn’t until the end of May so I don’t think I can wait that long to buy the ring but I will consider it a birthday gift anyway.  My main reason behind this being for my birthday is because I’d like something to make this birthday a little more ‘special’ – since this will be my first birthday without my Grammie.  Growing up, birthdays were always very exciting!  I can remember getting off the bus and my Grammie and aunt being there waiting for me yelling and screaming and shaking noise makers from their car.  The 3 of us and my mom would go out for dinner (usually to Hoss’s!) and they’d spoil me with fun gifts and birthday money.  I’d always have fun birthday parties and I would often get flowers delivered to school.  Anyway, I know this birthday will be tough but buying this ring will be a great reminder of my promise to my Grammie – my promise to be the shinning light of her spirit.  So, please don’t think I’m ‘lame’ for buying myself a birthday gift – there’s great meaning behind it :)

Also – please note that Gabby was not harmed in the photographing of her great crib escape! I would have dropped my camera in a heartbeat if she began to fall or appeared to be hurt in any way. But yes, I did order my son to go grab my camera as quickly as he could instead of getting her down because I really really wanted to capture it; just as a fun memory :) And, I wanted to show her daddy the brave little girl she is becoming. (oh dear, we are in for it!)

lastly, how cute is my littlest babe?! 021

oh I just LOVE him!!

No comments: