Sunday, November 21, 2010

you’re getting sleeeeeepy

Dear Gage’s sleeping habits,

I’m sorry but it’s just not working out.. and I hate to say it but it’s you, not me that needs to change!  Having Gage wake up every 2 – 2 1/2 hours at night to eat is simply not okay.  Momma is tired and needs her ‘beauty sleep’ and Gage needs his ‘rockstar son’ sleep so we’d appreciate it if you’d stop what you’re doing and make a change.  Here’s what I propose – maybe 4 hours stretches at night – is that too much to ask??  He does 4 hours naps during the day, why can’t they happen at night?!  Momma does appreciate that he (usually) falls right back to sleep after eating at night but really, waking every 2 hours, no thanks =)

In all seriousness.. both Gavin and Gabby were fairly good sleepers.  Actually both slept through the night at 7 weeks.  Obviously that did not remain constant but they were definitely up to 4 or 5 hour stretches at night.  I just don’t know what to do with Gage.  He naps during the day, about 3 or 4 hours per nap and then is awake for a good bit of time.  I thought at first he was sleeping too much during the day but I really don’t know that he is.  He really isn’t on too much of a schedule yet either.. maybe that’s the problem.. but again, Gav and Gabby created their ‘own’ schedule that just worked well.  Is it even possible to ‘put’ a 6 week old on a schedule??

Okay, enough complaining for now.. I am going to try and get some shut eye while he is actually asleep.. for the next 20 minutes or so!

897

Love & blessings!!!

No comments: