Wednesday, November 24, 2010

keeping my mind off things..

Some frightening things have been happening with my brother Chris.  I won’t go into detail yet on here but prayers are greatly appreciated.  I’d be lying if I said it hasn’t really gotten to me; for many different reasons.  The situation has been weighing heavy on my heart and my mind so I thought I’d do the Wee Bit of Me Wednesday questions to get my mind off of things for a little while.

{one} what kind of camera do you have?
Well, I have 3 that I use currently.  My DSLR is a Nikon D40, my point and shoot is a Canon A560 (I think) and then we have another digital with a really decent zoom.. it’s a Lumix (something) – that one was Steven’s before we met but I’ve claimed it as my own now =)

{two} you just won $1000 and you have to spend it on yourself on one item. what do you buy?  most likely a new camera.. I don’t know which one but something real fancy =)
{three} if you had to choose, would you rather live with your parents in the same house forever or 5000 miles away?
oh my goodness, definitely in the same house.. I could NOT be 5000 miles away from my parents, heck no!!  And I would NOT want my kiddos to be that far away from their grandparents.
{four} is your christmas tree up yet?
not yet – we hope to go pick it out and chop it down sometime during the first week of December
{five} do you bring reusable bags to the grocery store?
yes.
{six} which would be worse: listening to the same song on replay for the rest of your life or having to eat the same meal everyday for the rest of your life?
listening to the same song on replay for the rest of my life – that would drive me bonkers!!
{seven} name 3 things you are thankful for this season.
my beautiful family, my health & my job.
{eight} do you dye/highlight your hair? if so, do you do it yourself or have it done at the salon?
I do dye my hair.. not too often though; the last time I dyed it was a few weeks ago and the end result was awful.  My hair was black.. scary black.. so I had to get it corrected.  Thank goodness my dear ‘sister’ Patty saved me and gave me her hairdresser’s number!! I’ve now learned my lesson and will only be having Tricia dye my hair from now on.  I do hope to get highlights soon; something different!

{nine} would you rather watch a movie at home or at the theater?
I almost forget what it’s like to watch a movie at the theater.. it’s been at least 2 years since Steven and I have seen a movie any other place than at home.  It’s fun to get out but it can get expensive. 

{ten} would you rather win $1000/week for life or $5 million all at once?
I’d say $5 million all at once; I’d love to know that, should something happen to me, my kiddos would be set.. and I’m assuming if something would happen to me the $1000 a week would end.

good distraction for now.. I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable Thanksgiving!!

940 016

lots to be thankful for.

No comments: