Tuesday, September 14, 2010

35 weeks.

[I can’t figure out the spacing of this post so I am just going to leave it alone.]  A BIG thank you to my coworkers who blessed me with a BabiesRUs gift card today at our staff retreat =)  I work with a great group of people and will miss them all while I am out on maternity leave.

I had an unexpected visit to the DR yesterday; I was just feeling “off” and “different” much of the day.  I was cramping and contracting and was feeling a lot of pressure so I decided it would be best to go to the DR and get checked just to be sure everything was okay.  I am certainly ready to not be pregnant anymore but really don’t want Mr. Gum Drop coming too early, before his little body is ready for the outside world.  He is definitely head down (the DR actually felt his head when she was checking my cervix) – I am 1 1/2 to 2 cm dilated but my cervix is still long.  I had a non-stress test and the baby looked great!  The DR noticed my contractions and cramping but said they aren’t regular so it did not appear that I was in labor.  (I did get peanut butter crackers and Hi-C lavaburst orange juice!)  I am glad I went and was able to hear that he had dropped significantly, which was why I was feeling so much pressure and so much cramping.

We took Gav to build-a-bear to make his baby bro a bear.  I will be sure to post about that later this week.. I really need to get to bed =)

35 week quiz:

How far along: 35 weeks 3 days

Weight gain: + 18-20 lbs

Stretch marks: yeppers.

Any new baby items: his carseat came in the mail this weekend and my mom bought him 2 new outfits.. Thank You Momma =)

Any new maternity items: yes, my momma bought me a maternity dress for a wedding I have on Friday; a great friend from high school is getting married and I am very excited for her!!!  Thank You Momma for the dress!!!  (and for babysitting the kiddos so hubbs and I can go to the wedding!)  Yes, I know, my mom rocks!!

Best moment of the week: spending the weekend with my niece Shayna and seeing family at the reunion on Sunday; COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!! =)

Sleep: almost impossible.

Movement: yes, he enjoys doing the chicken dance up near my ribs!

Gender: team blue!

Labor signs: not any "true" labor signs

Belly button in or out: out.

Food cravings: ice chips & Texas Roadhouse

What I miss: right now I miss basically everything – and I know a little while after he arrives I will miss feeling him in my tummy but right now I am over being pregnant.  If you do the math, I’ve been pregnant for about 70 out of the past 76 weeks..  that’s about 17 months.. 490 days.. 11,760 hours.. okay, you get it.

What I'm looking forward to: getting stuff done around the house to feel more prepared for his arrival – like packing my hospital bag and packing bags for the kiddos.  And of course my friend’s wedding on Friday =)

Weekly wisdom: trust your gut..

Milestones: Congratulations! You’re now carrying nearly 6 lbs of baby not counting their amniotic fluid, the umbilical cord, or the placenta itself. We’re impressed because that’s a LOT of work non-stop. Are you feeling proud of yourself yet? Well, get to it—you’ve done an amazing job! At this point, your little grower is almost busting out of the womb size-wise, which make their restricted attempts to move much more challenging. Of course, your stubborn little stinker is still trying to move around as if they weren’t in a cramped space. And the accumulating baby fat deposits are starting to level off so your little butter ball will be padded and warm when they head out of their super snug little home.

 week_35_baby week_35_honeydew_melon

052 063 073

oh my goodness, I never finished Gabby’s 9 month post – ooops!  I will try to finish that and post about build-a-bear tomorrow evening =)

No comments: