Tuesday, September 21, 2010

24 days..

Until my due date =)

Well, I had my weekly belly post basically finished yesterday but our afternoon took a different route than I had expected.  Around 5:15 p.m. I ended up at triage to get checked out.  I began feeling pretty crappy yesterday around 3 p.m. – painful stronger contractions, leaky fluid and diarrhea.. yea, sorry, it’s part of pregnancy folks!  I tried to lay down at home and relax a bit but I guess anxiety got the best of me and I decided to call the DR.  I have this crazy thought/fear that because I did not give my body any time to recovery from Gabby it’s going to turn on me when it’s time to deliver Gum Drop.  I feel like my uterus and my cervix and angry with me so they’ve talked and decided they are going to make labor and delivery absolutely terrible.  I know it’s all in my head.. my cervix and uterus obviously don’t talk to one another.. but I’m still scared.  Anyway, hubbs and I headed to the hospital and my nurse was a girl I went to high school with.. weird, real weird.  She is super sweet, always has been.. but let’s be honest, it’s strange having someone you know check to see if your water has broken.. which it hadn’t.  

I was frustrated that the sac hadn’t ruptured because I had been feeling a lot more discharge and leaking.  The nurse had the midwife come in to test the fluid again and to check my cervix.  NOT a fan of this midwife – she was a mean lady! (my niece reads these posts so I’ve got to keep it a little clean!) - I haven’t seen her in the office before and I hope I don’t have to deal with her again.  She had a major attitude and seemed like she really didn’t want to be there and really didn’t understand why I was there wasting her time either.  She checked the fluid, not amniotic fluid, checked my cervix, and monitored my contractions for about an hour and a half or so.  I was contracting every 8 to 10 minutes while I was there but they weren’t ‘true labor’ contractions because they weren’t causing me to dilate anymore.  She wanted to give me something for the pain and to help me sleep but didn’t seem to understand my explanation of, “my husband works 3rd shift so I am home alone with my children and do not want to take anything I’m not familiar with for fear it will completely knock me out.”  She must have offered me pain/sleeping medication at least 4 times with me giving her the same response each time.

Thankfully my family understands my anxieties surrounding this pregnancy and was very helpful through all of it.  I really just need to try and relax and find peace in the fact that God knows when Gum Drop is coming and will be sure to take care of me and my family through the labor and delivery.  I am planning to have my mom and mother-in-law in the delivery room with me again.. they have been apart of Gav and Gabby’s births so I definitely don’t want them to miss this one.  I am also going to have my niece Shayna in the delivery room.  She is just such a joy in my life and I think (I hope) this experience will be wonderful for her.  Anyone else want to join the fun?!?!!  haha..

Now, here is my belly quiz – I did finish one yesterday but will edit it for today.

How far along: 36 weeks 4 days
Weight gain: + 18-20 lbs
Stretch marks: blah, yuck, gross, eww.
Any new baby items: my mom bought him some newborn diapers (wahooo.. Gum Drop has diapers now!!) and she also bought him a Jewel lullaby CD; my aunt gave us a gift card to Target for baby stuff but I haven't used it yet - I'm sure I will soon!  THANK YOU!!!  I also got a pack of burp cloths and strap covers for his car seat.
Any new maternity items: nope, I am done buying maternity clothes.. OH YEA!!!  I did get new slippers and face wipes to add to my hospital bag.
Best moment of the week: my friend's wedding Friday evening =)  It was nice for hubbs and I to enjoy a night together with no kiddos (well, no 'outside of the belly' kiddos!)  finally enjoying some yummy Texas Roadhouse Monday night!!!!  SOOOOOOOOOO good!!!!  THANK YOU to my best friend Tracy who sent me a gift card to Texas Roadhouse because I’ve been craving it like crazy.. THANK YOU TRACEO – I LOVE YOU!!!
Sleep: almost impossible.. still.
Movement: maybe he'll be on Dancing w/the Stars one day!
Gender: little man!
Labor signs: nope.. not 'true' labor signs.. grrr.
Belly button in or out: out.
Food cravings: ice chips & a soft pretzel.
What I miss: just being comfortable; tying my shoes; putting my pants on; being able to get out of my car with ease; oh, and wearing pants with a button and a zipper.. they make those, right!?
What I'm looking forward to: FALL = fairs, parades, college football, pumpkins, Mums!, candy corn, apple cider, leaves changing colors, pumpkin patches, love love love fall!!  I'm also looking forward to Gav's 4th birthday next Saturday - how is that even possible?!?!!!
Weekly wisdom: Write your plans in pencil.. and give God the eraser.
Milestones: Your baby is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds, like a crenshaw melon, and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. She's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered her body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of her first bowel movement.

36-crenshaw-melon cartoon36 week_36_baby

019 029

037

I took these belly photos this morning (and on Wednesdays I work from home!) so please excuse the completely exhausted face =) and those pretty stretch marks!

No comments: