Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Welcome Gummy Bear!!

Well, it's Tuesday... my normal belly/quiz post day... not this Tuesday... today I get to announce the birth of little baby Gummy Bear!!!  I don't have much time to type so I will give a super super super short version but promise to post the complete birth story soon.

My water began breaking Friday evening around 6:30 p.m.  I called Steven to let him know and worked on getting care for Gavin.  We got to the hospital about an hour or so later and were checked in to Triage.  They did a swab test and determined that it definitley was amniotic fluid I was leaking so I was admitted!!  While in Triage we watched a little of National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation :o) 

My contractions were not really coming strong enough on their own so around 1:50 a.m. my nurse started Pitocin while I was in the jacuzzi.  I was extremely anxious about this but it ended up being the right choice.  I got my epidural around 4:10 a.m. and was able to finally get a little rest.  My midwife Barb checked me around 9:20 a.m. because I was getting very very uncomfortable and I was 7 centimeters.  She also broke the rest of my water while checking me.  The epidural never really worked completely on my left side so I reallly started to feel the contractions and the pressure. I got an extra epidural bolace but it was too late! About 15 minutes later I was feeling tons of pressure and the strong urge to push.  My midwife came back and checked me again.. I was now completley dilated and Gabrielle was at +2 station.  I began pushing at 9:37 a.m. and Gummy Bear arrived at 9:41 a.m.!!!  I could not believe I only pushed for 4 minutes.. I pushed for over 3 hours with Gavin.. what a difference!

My mom and mother-in-law were in the delivery room along with my hubby, who was truly amazing through the entire delivery!!  My mom and mother-in-law were great too.. it was a long night for both of them but they were troppers, and my official photographers!!!  Gabrielle got to lay on my chest for several minutes and Steven cut the cord.  It was some of the most beautiful minutes of my entire life.. I have a daughter..  she is here and she is perfect :o)  She weighed 7 pounds 10 ounces and was 19 1/2 inches long.


I promise to post more about the rest of the hopsital time and more details about my labor and delivery.  We are all doing well and Gavin is totally crazy about his baby sister!!  I am so very blessed :o)




 
 
 
 
 

No comments: