Monday, December 14, 2009

Due Date.

Well, today was my due date!  I'm glad Gabrielle came early, not only because the 5th was such a special day but because I know I would be so uncomfortable now.  It has also been nice to be home and I'm glad we have some time to settle in and prepare for Christmas.  I'm hoping to start wrapping gifts tomorrow while Gavin's at school.

Gabrielle has been an amazing little baby so far.  She eats about every 3-4 hours and really only cries when she is super hungry or has a really messy diaper.  Tonight is my first night home alone with the kiddos (Steven works nights).  I must admit, I'm a little nervous but I know we'll figure it all out!  My main concern is Gabrielle crying and waking up her big brother.. we'll just have to wait and see how it goes.


The photo above of Gabrielle in her carseat was taken before we left for her first doctor visit.  She weighed 7 pounds 9 ounces and measured 20 3/4 inches long, which is not possible since she was 19 1/2 inches long at birth.  She's likely around 20 inches or so now.  Dr. Scott said she looks great but was a little concerned she looked a little jaundice.  He sent us over to the health campus to have her bilirubin levels checked right away.  Holy cow I was NOT prepared for that.  She had to get blood taken from her heal and I was in tears before we even got her out of the car seat.  Gabrielle was not a happy girl and I was a mess myself but when the nurse was done I snuggled with her and she was fine.  Dr. Scott called later that night and reported that her level was 9.1 - he said that wasn't a concern for him but if we noticed her looking more yellow then we should call the on-call doctor and get her levels checked again.  She looks fine to me so hopefully it's not anything we will have to worry about.  You can see her bandaid in the 2 photos above.. she was such a brave girl!  I have to take her back to the doctor on Friday for a weight check.

I still need to post the rest of our hospital stay - hopefully I will get that done this week while it's still fairly fresh in my mind.  It's hard for me to believe that it's all over - the pregnancy, the labor, the delivery, the hospital stay, her first week - she will be 6 months old before we know it!

Gabrielle has received a couple nice gifts since coming home from the hospital.  Her Aunt Tracy and Uncle Artie (my best friend from college and her hubby) sent Gabrielle an outfit from the registry!  I cannot wait until she's big enough to wear it - I have seriously been eyeing this adorable outfit for months :o)  THANK YOU!!  I hope my little lady gets to meet Tracy and Artie soon!

Robin, a family friend, also sent Gabrielle an adorable outfit and she sent Gavin some matchbox cars! Gabrielle's outfit is simply too cute for words and you would have thought Gavin won the lottery when he opened his cars, he was freaking out!!  THANK YOU Robin and Michael for the thoughtful gifts :o)

Some family members brought us gifts while we were in the hospital - I need to get photos of them and get them up onto the blog.  Silly me took photos of the gifts Gabrielle received in the mail but not what she received in the hospital, way to be backwards Kiley :o)

My recovery seems to be going well so far.. my back is sore at times and I'm still bleeding (which can last from 4 to 6 weeks, oh boy) but I feel pretty good.  I know I need to take it easy because if I do too much I can really lengthen my recovery time which I definitely do not want to do.  I was 170 pounds when I delivered and right now I'm at 156 pounds, so I have about 16 pounds to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight.  I haven't really been too concerned about my weight because I know with the holidays coming dieting is kind of out of the question for me ;o)  I will make it my new years resolution to lose the baby weight and run the 5K in May that I ran in 2008 (and hopefully some other races next year too!)  I posted a belly photo from 1 week postpartum.. the only reason I took one is for my belly book, which is almost complete now!  My cherries are back to normal but my stretch marks have found a permanent home :o)

There is still so much I need to post about - our hosptial stay, all of Gabrielle's visitors, our nice gifts while in the hopsital, Gabrielle's first week at home, big brother's adjustments to his little sister.. I promise to get to these soon!! 

No comments: