Tuesday, August 18, 2009

23 weeks = a large mango




The past week has gone by fairly quickly. I've been feeling pretty good lately but would love to have a little more energy! My tummy is growing but I can still hide it if I need/want to (not that I want to hide it). I have not had any strangers ask me yet when I am due. I am really getting excited about the fall - I love the cooler weather, Gavin's 3rd birthday is in October, then it's Halloween, then it's Thanksgiving, then Gummy Bear's due date, then Christmas, then Steven's birthday and New Year's Eve.. wahoo!!! But I guess I am really looking forward to the fall because I cannot stand this heat... blahhh!

23 week pregnancy quiz:
How far along: 23 weeks 1 day
Maternity clothes: yes, I wish I had $ to buy more because a lot of the pants I wear have the big belly coverings that go up to your boobs and they really just are not that comfortable
Weight gain: I'm up about 12 pounds or so - I need to exercise more!
Stretch marks:
an oldie from Gav, some on my hips and maybe on my lower tummy - nothing I am freaking out about... yet!
Sleep: sleeping has been good, I am only getting up about once to use the potty!
Best moment of the week: buying some adorable stuff for Gummy Bear, sharing with family and friends that Gummy Bear is healthy and is a baby girl!
Movement: yes!! She is very active and I even could see my belly moving last night when she was kicking me.
Food cravings: Turkey.Hill iced tea - wish it were something healthier.
Gender: GIRL!
Labor signs: no way!
Belly button in or out: innie but a funny shape!
What I miss: oh I miss a lot about not being pregnant - but I know that it is all completely worth it! And I have to remember that this will most likely be the last time I am pregnant so I should enjoy it!
What I'm looking forward to: doing our registry - we don't need a lot but do need some "girlie" stuff and nursery/bedding stuff; our doctor appointment next Tuesday; starting to prepare for Gummy Bear; possibly figuring out a name for this little lady some time soon!
Weekly wisdom: babies like Rita's water ice - especially the Swedish.Fish flavor! (haha, it really made Gummy Bear go crazy on Sunday!)
Milestones: Turn on the radio and sway to the music. With her sense of movement well developed by now, your baby can feel you dance. And now that she's more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound, about as much as a large mango, you may be able to see her squirm underneath your clothes. Blood vessels in her lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing her for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as your dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze her when she hears them outside the womb.


Gav was trying to figure out what Mommy was doing!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I don't know how you do it but you manage to look better each week!

On a side note: I still have those Pampers Swaddlers for you just in case you forgot! ;)