Tuesday, August 4, 2009

21 weeks = a papaya!


The food images from thebump website now go every 4 weeks so I won't have a fun one each week. I will try to find another image to use for the other weeks. Things have been good this week. I've been having a lot of cramps (I'm assuming their growing cramps) and the cyst is still giving me trouble but I really cannot complain. I am definitely starting to feel the baby move a lot more - he/she even stopped me mid-sentence a few times yesterday with kicks!! We are now only one week away from our big ultrasound - that means my next post should be the one announcing the status of our Gummy Bear's health and the gender!! I will be so sad if he/she has their legs crossed and we can't see a thing - lets pray that doesn't happen =)

21 week quiz:
How far along: 21 weeks 1 day
Weight gain: + 10 pounds.. yuck.
Maternity clothes: hasn't changed much from last week - still wearing mostly pants and a few shirts here and there
Stretch marks:
no new ones other than on my hips
Sleep: my dreams have been crazy again, I do remember purple onesies in last night's dream; it's definitley hard to move around at night (boy I have a long way to go!)
Best moment of the week: feeling Gummy Bear move more; Steven feeling Gummy Bear for the first time; getting a 30 second peak at the baby when I had the ultrasound done on my cyst on Wednesday! (I will try to post this photo as soon as I get it scanned!)
Movement:
Yes!! It has become more noticable over the past couple of days, SO AWESOME!!
Food cravings: these were definitley stronger during the first trimester; I haven't really been craving much except pizza and cheese fries (this could be why I'm up 10 pounds!)
Gender: we will know in a week!!
Labor signs: no!
Belly button in or out: definitely changing
What I miss: same old stuff - but I am so happy to be pregnant that I will do without those things for the next 19 weeks!!
What I'm looking forward to: Ultrasound in 7 days!!!!!
Weekly wisdom:
take advantage of the times you're feeling good to get things done; you never know when the "yucky" times will hit you
Milestones: Your baby now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long, the length of a carrot. You may soon feel like she's practicing martial arts as her initial fluttering movements turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges. You may also discover a pattern to her activity as you get to know her better. In other developments, your baby's eyebrows and lids are present now.

*Please don't mind the funky lotion spots on my right arm. I was weeding today and got some crazy rash stuff on my arm.. thankfully it's starting to go away, man did it hurt!!

1 comment:

Molly said...

I am so happy you blog everyweek. I really enjoy watching your belly grow and hearing about your happy moments every week. You look fabulous, keep up the pictures, it's amazing how much a belly can grow in one week.