Wednesday, August 12, 2009

22 weeks!

First I'd like to say that I am having trouble finding a girlie blog design that I really like.. so just bare with me while I try new ones. I like the current purple one, because I love purple and it reminds me of my Grammie, but it's not very "baby"looking.

Wow.. 22 weeks.. this pregnancy is moving right along! Although back in May I really didn't feel that way! So now we know Gummy Bear is a girl - and I am still in complete shock!! I keep asking myself, how did we get so lucky, to have a boy and a girl, why are we worthy of having our dreams come true.. does this make sense to anyone or am I just nuts!? I just feel so blessed and so excited I cannot even put it into words!

Yes, we went to Babies.R.Us last night and bought some adorable purple blankets (only because they were on clearance) and a pack of bibs, one which says I Love My Daddy (we had a coupon for these) so we did fairly well. The Babies.R.Us near us has a pretty poor selection of clothing and mostly everything else but it's just so close. I will be sure to post some photos of the items we've purchased for Gummy Bear so far. We also talked about what color to paint the nursery - we haven't decided but we know that this is the bedding set we will buy - I've been admiring this bedding set since March 2008 when I stopped taking my birth control bills - I'm crazy, I know!!

How far along: 22 weeks 2 days
Weight gain:
at least +10 - probably more at this point because I am constantly eating..
Maternity clothes: yes - although the only thing that is really comfortable is my hubby's sweat pants or my huge maternity sweat pants from Old.Navy - the next 4 months should be fun =)
Stretch marks: I am spotting a couple on my lower tummy, but they are super light, hopefully they will stay that way!!
Sleep: been doing well lately - but I still can't get enough sleep
Best moment of the week: oh so simple --> seeing Gummy Bear on "tv" - learning that SHE is healthy and growing right on track - and of course learning that SHE is a SHE!!!!
Movement: yes, her schedule is not quite predictable yet but I do feel her often =)
Food cravings: I haven't been very picky lately, I just want to eat all the time!
Gender: wow.. GIRL!!!
Labor signs: no no no.
Belly button in or out: still in but changing.
What I miss: having energy to work out, sleeping on my tummy, wearing "normal" clothes, being able to roll over easily in bed... but trust me it is all worth it!!!
What I'm looking forward to: beginning to really start preparing for Gummy Bear!
Weekly wisdom: there is always a plan - you may not know it or understand it but there is a plan... God is good!!!
Milestones: At 11 inches and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. Her lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and she's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath her gums. Her eyes have formed, but her irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers her body and the deep wrinkles on her skin, which she'll sport until she adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside her belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily... I love reading these weekly updates, it's just so amazing =)



TOO CUTE!!

She's the size of a spaghetti squash this week!


This is exactly what Gummy Bear looked like in my belly yesterday!!

I will post belly photos tonight - as long as my computer is cooperating. It wasn't doing so last night so I apologize for the late post!

No comments: