Tuesday, July 7, 2009

17 weeks = an onion!





Not much to update on this week - things are going well!! I have still been super tired.. they often say that the 2nd trimester is when pregnant women begin to have more energy.. not this pregnant woman! It was SO different when I was pregnant with Gav because I didn't have another child to chase around. We now have 35 days until our BIG ultrasound and heart scan.. super excited! I keep throwing names out to Steven and most of them are getting shot down. It will definitely be easier if we have a girl because we have agreed on a lot of girl names.. boy names, not so much. It's hard to believe we are almost half way through this pregnancy. Time flies when you're getting fat I guess =)

Week 17 pregnancy quiz:
How far along: 17 weeks 1 day
Weight gain: +6 pounds
Maternity clothes: I can still wear my normal tops but my pants are definitely getting tight. I have started wearing some of my maternity pants from my pregnancy with Gavin.
Stretch marks: just the old ones I had with Gavin
Sleep: oh I can't seem to get enough.. it's terrible.. I find myself in my office at work wanting to curl up on my couch and fall asleep. [I don't think my boss would like that too much.]
Best moment of the week: Hearing and getting to record Gummy Bear's heartbeat and watching my belly grow =)
Movement: not yet.. still waiting patiently for that first little flutter!!
Food cravings: this past week it has undoubtedly been fruit, finally a healthy craving!! We just got some fresh peaches at Roots.. soooo yummy!!
Gender: my hunch still says boy!
Labor signs: no!
Belly button in or out: still in - I can feel my uterus right at my belly button - it's growing!!
What I miss: running, alcohol, sleeping on my belly, regular pants, not having to think twice about taking medication - I feel like it's always the same things each week!
What I'm looking forward to: our next OBGYN appointment and of course our ultrasound.. I am so excited to be able to see Gummy Bear and to make sure that he/she is growing well and is healthy!
Weekly wisdom: Don't go outside in the heat and do yard work immediately after eating a big bowl of spaghetti - unless you want to end up on the couch completely nauseous!
Milestones: Your baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone, and the umbilical cord — her lifeline to the placenta — is growing stronger and thicker. Your baby weighs 5 ounces now, about as much as a turnip, and she's around 5 inches long from head to bottom. She can move her joints, and her sweat glands are starting to develop.

Love & blessings,

No comments: