Tuesday, July 14, 2009

week 18 = a sweet potato


I'm not a big fan of the sweet potato this week, just a little strange, but oh well!

So I am in a real pickle - here's the scoop. I got a call last night from OBGYN of Lancaster (OBL) and the woman informed me that after October 1st they will no longer be delivering at Women & Babies (W&B) here in Lancaster. They will be delivering at Heart of Lancaster (HOL). This certainly affects me becuse now I need to decide if I change OB providers so I can still deliver at W&B or if I stick with OBL and deliver at HOL. I needed to meet with the social worker at HOL for work related stuff so I ran with the chance to set up a meeting with her for tomorrow and she's going to give me a tour of the maternity floor!! This tour will definitely help me make my decision and I'm so glad I don't have to wait for the public tours they're going to start offering there next month. I think I may end up just swithching providers so I can deliver at W&B but I at least want to give the hospital a chance and see what it's like. If anyone has suggestions or comments please feel free to leave them.. I'd like all the advice I can get.

Anyway, on to fun pregnancy stuff - here's the 18 week quiz!

How far along: 18 weeks 1 day
Weight gain: +7 pounds
Maternity clothes: I am in maternity pants but not a lot of shirts yet - I have checked out the 3 local Goodwill stores and found some great deals - 4 pair of pants and a shirt for $23.00 =)
Stretch marks: old ones from my pregnancy with Gavin - I've been using lotion every night and every day to try and avoid them!!
Sleep: not as good recently, having more trouble getting comfortable - Gavin has also been sick for the past week and I am so afraid he is going to vomit while he's sleeping and choke so I've been having trouble getting into a deep sleep. I hate to admit it but I'm more comfortable sleeping on my couch than I am in my bed.
Best moment of the week: all my great Goodwill buys and FEELING GUMMY BEAR MOVE!!!!!
Movement: YES!!! The first time was on Wednesday July 8th around 11:45 p.m. I was laying in bed and felt a few flutters. I really started feeling him/her again on Sunday night, again while laying in bed. They aren't real hard noticable kicks but if I pay close attention I can feel them throughout the day!!!!!
Food cravings: haha, peanut butter captain crunch =)
Gender: I'll say boy.. baby boy Gummy Bear!
Labor signs: oh no!
Belly button in or out: still in but it's shape is definitely changing!
What I miss: sleeping on my belly, not being so hormonal sometimes, running, and a nice chilled glass of wine
What I'm looking forward to: feeling the baby move more, watching my belly expand, my ultrasound (hopefully I won't need to reschedule that!)
Weekly wisdom: try to document your pregnancy as much as possible; I really wish I would have kept a journal and taken more photos during my pregnancy with Gavin.
Milestones: Head to rump, your baby is about 5 1/2 inches long, about the length of a bell pepper, and he weighs almost 7 ounces. He's busy flexing his arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. His blood vessels are visible through his thin skin, and his ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from his head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around his nerves, a process that will continue for a year after he's born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you're having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound. So So Cool!!!!

Love & blessings,

No comments: