Tuesday, July 21, 2009

19 weeks = a mango!


I definitely like the mango more than the sweet potato! Check out that poor baby in that photo, man that looks uncomfortable. I wonder if that's really what Gummy Bear looks like in my belly!

I've added a lot to the blog recently, so be sure to check it all out. There's a new layout, and a couple fun games. Go vote on our names and take the Guess Gummy Bear game where you can place your guess on gender, birthdate and time, weight and length. It's fun to read people's guesses so please guess away!!! The name list isn't final and we really are still very open to suggestions but these are just some that I've thought of over the past year (yes, I've kept a list in my appointment book) and it's nice to get people's opinions on them!!


So my awesome husband says to me that he's been thinking about what we will do with Gummy Bear when I head back to work. Now you must know currently my hubby works 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. and he keeps Gav home 2 days a week. Steven suggests that he keeps the baby home full time. HOLY COW ARE YOU SERIOUS?!!! This would be super amazing and would save us oodles of money. He realistically could be keeping Gavin home with him now but it's just a lot on him working at night and having to stay up with Gavin during the day. He says that he would be totally willing to keep Gummy Bear home with him during the day and if he needs more rest after I get home from work he will go lay down for a little while. Wow, this would just be fantastic - what a super hubby and daddy =) Of course this could all change if Steven's shift changes but as of right now I think this plan is lovely!


On to the week #19 pregnancy quiz!

How far along:
19 weeks 1 day
Weight gain:
I'm up about 8 pounds (I think) - I haven't stepped on the scale in a few days!
Maternity clothes:
I'm in maternity pants for work and some maternity tops but not too many yet - at home I'm in comfy pants and t-shirts!!
Stretch marks:
I think I've noticed a few on my hips - grrrrrrr!
Sleep:
I can never get enough!!
Best moment of the week:
feeling Gummy Bear move more and having Gavin lift my shirt up to show his baby sibling off to his friend and teacher at school today (so adorable!!)
Movement: Yes!! It's not been too forceful but is certainly becoming more noticable!
Food cravings:
Chick-fil-a chicken caesar wrap - too bad the closest one is about 20 minutes away in York, PA - but a nice bonus is that there is a Babies.R.Us right around the corner =) Steven and I talk about winning the lottery and opening a Chick-fil-a in Rockvale or somewhere in Lancaster.. I think it would do amazingly well and I don't understand why there aren't more in the area!
Gender:
I am convinced Gummy Bear is a boy - my husband is convinced Gummy Bear's a girl - we will *hopefully* know for sure in 3 weeks =) Oh wow, in 3 weeks I will be doing my weekly post and will hopefully be revealing the gender to everyone, how cool!!!
Labor signs:
I had some bleeding today (sorry if it's too much information!) but it got me pretty scared because everything has been going so well - it stopped and I wasn't having any pain so I think Gummy Bear is a-okay =)
Belly button in or out:
my belly button is still in and it probably won't pop for a while but it's definitely changing - too funny!
What I miss:
always the same stuff I miss - tummy sleeping, running, alcohol, energy - but it's well worth the hiatus for this lovely little baby =) I also miss never having heartburn, it's been bad lately and I NEVER have heartburn when I'm not pregnant - it was bad with Gavin too, so strange!!
What I'm looking forward to:
our doctor visit next Tuesday - it's my first as a patient at May Grant and I'm really excited - hopefully we will hear Gummy Bear's heart beat =) I also can't wait for August 11th - our big ultrasound day!! If my husband were taking this quiz he'd say that he can't wait for August 14th, when the new Madden football game comes out, silly boys!!
Weekly wisdom:
even if your husband gripes about it take lots of photos of your family whenever you can; they will be irreplaceable =)
Milestones:
Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you. Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now.

I took my photos before changing into my pjs so don't freak out when you see a different outfit =)


*Don't forget to check out Gavin's blog too - there are some adorable photos of him that I just posted - his blog link should be to the right of this post - Go Go Gavin! (get it - Go Go Gavin and Grow Grow Gummy Bear - oh I am a nerd!!)

No comments: