Wednesday, June 1, 2011

memorable Memorial Day weekend!

We had an AWESOME, fun, busy, silly, memorable holiday/birthday weekend!  Yes, I turned the big 2-8 yesterday =)  Saturday began with Gavin’s last 2 soccer games.  He scored 3 goals in his last game!! Boy was he proud of himself =)  Saturday afternoon we headed to our aunt and uncle’s where we enjoyed LOTS of laughs, swimming, baseball, yummy picnic food and some relaxing (and much needed) time in the hot tub.  Sunday morning we headed to church and afterwards had lunch at a yummy pizza shop.. man, I love pizza!  Shortly after we got home from church we headed to my parent’s house for another Memorial Day picnic.  There, my dad shared with me a little about his time in the Vietnam War.  I will treasure this time..  The kids had a blast playing and running through the sprinkler =)  I loved spending time with family and taking some very special photos.  Monday evening the kids and I headed up to a cute little ice cream shop and enjoyed more wonderful family time and had a great time playing on a playground.  Many awesome memories were created this weekend.  I feel so blessed to have such wonderful family – both my family and Steven’s.

 P1080919 P1080957 P1090029 P1090079 P1090067 P1090075 P1090092 P1090100

working from home today.. lots to do.. hoping to have more time later to do a good update on the kiddos =)

No comments: