Wednesday, December 15, 2010

the most wonderful time of the year

I saw this cute Christmas quiz on Jennifer’s blog and figured I’d do it too!  I am sitting here soaking my foot in epsom salt and really have nothing better to do.  I fell down the stairs yesterday (while holding Gabby – thank goodness she is okay!) and did a number to my ankle.  My hubbs told me that soaking it will help minimize the swelling so that’s what I am doing =)

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? it just depends on the gift

2. Real tree or Artificial? we have a real tree but I definitely do understand why some people use artificial trees

3. When do you put up the tree? we don’t really have a ‘set’ day – although I think it would be fun to have a day set aside that we go each year.. like the Saturday after Thanksgiving.  We just got our tree on Sunday so since we waited so late to decorate I plan on leaving everything up until St. Patty’s Day!


4. When do you take the tree down? again, no set day; just when we have the time.. usually not long after the new year.

5. Do you like eggnog? YES!

 
6. Favorite gift received as a child? oh, I have a lot.. a few would be my teddy ruxpin bear, my first cabage patch doll and a shotgun shell box full of one dollar bills!


7. Hardest person to buy for? hmm.. I didn’t really have a hard time with anyone this year.. thank goodness =)


8. Easiest person to buy for? my kiddos!

9. Do you have a nativity scene? sure do – Christmas 2008 my family bought me the entire willow.tree nativity scene – and I LOVE it!!

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? definitely mail.. I love sending and receiving cards, even if it’s not Christmas =)

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? one of those cheap handheld massagers.. lame-O!

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? oh, there are too many to pick a favorite – first ones that come to mind - Elf, the Grinch, Rudolph, a Charlie Brown Christmas

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? our first shopping day this year was November 1st.. last year we had everything done and wrapped by the beginning of December (only because a certain little lady was due to arrive on December 14th and I wanted to have everything done before she arrived!)

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? yes.


15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? I don’t really have a favorite Christmas time meal – when I was little we always did Christmas morning breakfast and I loved the hash browns!


16. Lights on the tree (colored or clear)? colored.


17. Favorite Christmas song? Kenny Rodgers – Carol of the Bells


18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? now that we have little ones we stay home; our families travel to us so the kiddos can stay home and play with all their new toys!


19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? sure can =)

20. Angel, star or ribbon on top of tree? star.


21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? we open one present on Christmas Eve, which is usually pajamas!


22. Favorite children's Christmas song? Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer

23. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? stressing about $


24. Favorite ornament theme or color? we have a lot of s’moore ornaments that are special.. we also have the treasured ‘baby’s 1st Christmas’ ornaments that will always hold a special place in my heart!!

25. Turkey or ham on Christmas day? ham =)


26. What do you want for Christmas this year? for Mr. Gage David to sleep through the night!!

27. Does anyone in your family dress up as Santa? no.. but my hubbs has a pretty nice Santa suit so he could if he wanted to.

28. Age you discovered who Santa was?  I honestly don’t remember but I know that first Christmas of knowing he didn’t exist was very different.  My mom did an awesome job playing Santa!


29. Eggnog, hot chocolate, or apple cider? hot chocolate

30. Traditional colors (red and green) or other colors? definitely traditional colors – maybe a little silver and gold thrown in there!
31. Do you have any Christmas decorations on your roof?
no way!

32. Do you prefer gifts or gift cards? either ;o)


33. Favorite children's Christmas Cartoon? oh, I put some of these under favorite movie – Charlie Brown, the Grinch, Rudolph – love them all!

*sorry the spacing is so weird – I can’t figure it out and my contacts are so dry right now I can barely see the screen so that means it’s bedtime, not mess with the spacing time*

Love & blessings!

No comments: