Monday, February 1, 2010

AWESOME NEWS!! (& Not Me Monday!)

Oh my goodness there is so much exciting news to share =)

GAVIN IS FINALLY IN BIG BOY UNDERWEAR!!!  He has been going peepee in the potty for almost 2 months now but just would not go poo in the potty so we still had him in pull-ups.  Yesterday I decided, enough is enough, I am just going to put him in underwear and maybe.. just maybe.. he won't want to poo on Buzz Lightyear so he will poo in the potty.  HA, it worked =)  He had zero accidents yesterday and actually pooed in the potty quite a bit (TMI!)  Today, he is wearing McQueen and of course he does not want to poo on McQueen.  WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!  I think we can [fingers crossed] finally ditch those pull-ups for good!!

AND - last night was Gav's first night in his new twin bed and he loved it!  Thank you to my parents, my brother and my aunt for your help with the bed =)  And of course my niece Noodle!!  When it was time for bed last night I was a little nervous because I wasn't sure how he would do, but of course, he climbed right into bed, pulled the covers up, snuggled with his animals and was ready to close those big brown eyes.  I started bawling.. not just little tears.. big crocodile - my baby isn't a baby - how can he be big enough to sleep in a twin bed - he will be a teenager in the blink of an eye - kind of tears... it was bad.  And of course, what does my husband say to cheer me up - "soon it will be her" (meaning Gabby.)  Thanks babe, that just makes it so much better.. NOT!
 
before - little bed.
 
  
  
 
after - big bed.

Speaking of Gabby.. Saturday night (1.30.10) was her first night in her crib.  She had been sleeping in a bassinet in our room but just didn't have enough room to wiggle like she enjoys doing.  I gave her a bottle and put her down around 11:20 pm - she was up at 4:30 am for another 4 oz then was back in her crib by 5:05 am.  She then woke up around 8:30 am - awesome, she likes her crib!!  Last night was even better - I put her down around midnight - she was a little fussy around 6:30 a.m. so I gave her her paci and she fell back to sleep until 8:15 a.m.  This is great since I will be going back to work on Monday.. hopefully she continues to sleep well at night =)
 
 

Man, lots of big stuff happening.. big boy underwear, a big big boy bed and our little lady sleeping in her crib!  Her are some [okay, a lot!] of photos of the last few days..
 
  
what a face!!
 
sneeze!
 
 

Here is my 'Not Me' Monday --


 Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

I did not take 694 photos during the month of January.. that's not possible!
I am not afraid to reveal that number to my hubby.. [although he may read this so I think I'm not in trouble!]
We did not drive over an hour to a Golden Corral for dinner.  I did not stuff myself full of yummy sweat tea and rolls.. I would never eat that poorly when I'm trying to kick all this extra baby weight.
I am not super frustrated that all of Gabby's nursery decor is now 30% off - after we just finished decorating her nursery - nope, not frustrated at all!! 
I am not still rockin' out to Christmas CDs in my car and in my kitchen!

Okay, I'm done.. goodnight!

No comments: