Wednesday, August 29, 2012

kinneygarden :)


My first born started school yesterday... he is now my kindergarten man!!!  Words cannot express how proud I am of him.  He is growing into a very independent, funny, thoughtful, sensitive, caring (but stubborn) boy!  
I made a sign for him to hold for pictures... thought it would be cute for him to write his name and draw a picture in the center and I could have him do this every year - or maybe on the first day and the last day of each year.  He loved drawing on the sign but when time came to take photos he was a little stinker!
Gavin has been obsessed with school buses for years so yesterday when that big yellow thing pulled up to the corner his eye lit up, like it was Christmas.  My eyes just froze and I didn't really know what to do with myself.  I was snapping pictures like crazy as the bus pulled up but once it stopped and kids started getting on I just stood there... didn't move... didn't speak... didn't even give my kid a hug and a kiss goodbye... didn't even tell him to have a great day... did manage to snap a couple pictures (thank goodness, because that moment is one big blur!) but my goodness I was a statue.

but....... I DIDN'T CRY!!! :) :) :)

 Last night he said he enjoyed school and had a great time on the bus.  He seems to really like his teacher and has already started developing friendships with some of the kids in his class.  (one little fella lives right next door, pretty sweet!)

His sister keeps talking about him going to college - hold up there chickie - let's get through kinneygarden first!!! :)

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Good job with no tears! He is getting so big!!

mom said...

Awwwwww......SO sorry to have missed this big event.

He's such a sweetheart....I can't wait to hear all about his school adventures!