Friday, June 11, 2010

5 ? Friday

Mama M hosts 5 Question Friday and I thought I’d participate this week since I cannot sleep.  We are leaving for the beach on Monday so I am stressing about that and worrying that I will forget something important.  I’m also super mad about a late fee on my credit card that should not have been charged.. hopefully I can go to the bank tomorrow and get it worked out.  So, that’s why I am doing 5 Question Friday.. I can’t sleep, I need something to get my mind off things and it’s fun to learn new things about people =)

1. What do you think makes a good friend, or friendship?  this is hard for me.. I feel like I’ve failed at being a good friend many many times in my life.  I would say a good friend is someone you can rely on, trust, be yourself with, laugh with, cry with, someone who challenges you in positive ways, someone who understands and respects you, someone who you miss when they are not around and when you are with them you are always creating fun memories.  I do need to work on being a better friend.

2. What is the last thing you bought and later regretted?  I’d have to say my new laptop that I bought after my old one fell off the couch and the screen was completely destroyed – although I love my new computer and have really enjoyed using it since it was purchased I should have waited, done some research and just ordered a new screen for my old laptop and used that until it crashed for good.  Oh well.. it will take me a while to pay it off but it will be worth it =)

3. Have you ever had a prank played on you? Yes!  The one that comes to mind happened at Creation 2009.  My coworker and I were sitting in our lawn chairs enjoying the Casting Crowns concert when I felt something on my leg.  I looked down, saw a skunk and freaked!!  I jumped up, yelled SKUNK and started running.. full sprint.. as fast as I could.  Then.. I hear laughing and stop, look back and see my coworker Amy standing with this 11 year old kid… who is holding his stuffed skunk on a stick!!!  Oh my goodness it was an absolute classic moment that still makes me laugh so hard I almost pee myself =)

4.  What is your favorite theme park? Locally I guess I’d have to say Hershey Park.  Although they are over-priced I do enjoy several of their rides.  I also like their park during the holidays – we always try to go to their Christmas Candy Lane and enjoy some delicious hot chocolate.  I really haven’t been to many theme parks – just Hershey, Dutch Wonderland and Dorney Park and Six Flags when I was much much younger.  I of course LOVE Disney World and cannot wait to go back when our children are older =)

5. Have you ever seen someone else give birth? Yes, I was in the delivery room when both my niece Shayna and nephew Lucas were born.  When Shayna was born I was 14 and a freshman in high school and I was 16 and a junior when Lucas was born.  Both births were absolutely incredible and those memories I will treasure for the rest of my life!!  I’ve visited with a lot of my clients while they are in labor but I’ve never stayed for any of the births.

No comments: