Tuesday, June 8, 2010

21 weeks!

Hubbs and I took Gabrielle to the doctor today for her 6 month well baby visit.  We really love our doctor so it’s always nice to see him and brag about our lovely kiddos!!  The nurse measured her head circumference then her length – her head is now 17 1/4 inches and she is 29 inches long!!!  OFF THE CHARTS =)  Totally off the charts for her length but Dr. Scott acknowledged that her own growth curve is nice and consistent.  Miss Gabby did well on the scale too – she now weighs 18 lbs 12 oz. which is around the 90th percentile for weight.  Needless to say our sweet little potato is a BIG sweet potato!!  Dr. Scott, while looking at her plots on the chart said, “she is huge!”  Yes, we know, she’s a healthy growing girl =)  He completed his exam and said she looks fantastic!  We are certainly blessed with a healthy, beautiful, tall and chubby baby girl!    

Here are some great photos of my kiddos from the past few days!

002 

007 

018

024

21 week pregnancy quiz:
How far along: 21 weeks 3 day
Weight gain: I'm up 4-5 pounds but I know it will be more after our trip to the beach next week! 
Maternity clothes: My belly is starting to ‘pop’ and my regular shirts are getting a little small.  I’ve been having trouble finding summer maternity shirts because the sleeves are too short and uncomfortable.  I wish I could just wear t-shirts all the time and feel pretty =) 
Stretch marks: just my old ones. 
Sleep: blah.. been rough lately but I have no room to talk since my hubbs works nights, has the kiddos during the day and hardly ever sleeps.
Best moment of the week: silly = finding a really nice bra on clearance for $3.80 after I discovered the underwire on my absolute favorite bra was busted. serious = seeing my tummy move when Gum Drop kicked =) &  listening to my Gabby laughing with her brother (they are just so adorable together!!)
Movement: yes.. the movements aren’t consistent and I can’t really count his kicks yet but I can definitely feel him kicking periodically.. and I did finally see my tummy move today when he kicked me, definitely the strongest kick yet =)
Food cravings: chocolate, slushies and watermelon. 
Gender: BOY =) 
Labor signs: no no no!  I really do pray that I only have to push for 4 minutes like I did with Gabby – I do not want to push for 3 hours like I did with Gavin!
Belly button in or out: in.
What I miss: energy, running & wine.
What I'm looking forward to: our beach trip – we leave on Monday the 14th and will be coming home on Saturday the 19th.. it will be Gabby’s first trip to the beach so it will be special =)  I’m also really looking forward to my friend Lauren’s daughter’s 3rd birthday party this weekend – we haven’t seen their family since September so it will be neat for her to meet Gabby and to see my Gum Drop tummy!!!
Weekly wisdom: enter giveaways online – you never know when you might win something completely awesome!!!  I actually won a $50 giftcard to The Vintage Pearl through a giveaway that Kelly ran (yes, I did blog about it for extra entries)  This is the necklace I have already ordered from The Vintage Pearl and now with this gift card I can order a charm for Gum Drop and something else special =)

052  
Milestones: Your baby now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long, the length of a carrot. You may soon feel like she's practicing martial arts as her initial fluttering movements turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges. You may also discover a pattern to her activity as you get to know her better. In other developments, your baby's eyebrows and lids are present now.

week 21

week 21 baby

week 21 cartoon

002

018

030 

And in case you’re wondering.. we do not have a name for baby Gum Drop.  Steven and I have narrowed our list down and have a couple in mind but have not made a final decision yet.  I really think I’d like to wait to meet Gum Drop before naming him – that’s something we didn’t do with our other 2 kiddos.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Too funny, we didn't wait to name our first two, but we did with Makenzie!
You are looking great! Two babies in a row and you look fab!
Glad you won the giveaway...I love the necklace you have from them. :)

Meant to be a mom said...

I'm glad everyone in your house is healthy and the kids doc visit went well.

You look so cute with you baby bump.
I can't wait to hear what you name the baby????