Tuesday, October 20, 2009

32 weeks!



The ticker says 55 days until Gummy Bear's due date - wahooo!!  I am still feeling uncomfortable and tired all the time - sadly I don't think that's going to change at this point.  The contractions and cramping have continued but I'm hoping they're just because my uterus is growing and so is the baby.  I will be asking about them (and a few other things) when I visit the doctor on Thursday!

I did a little cleaning/organizing/rearranging in Gabrielle's room this weekend.  Steven got the valances put up and they look so pretty :o)  We really don't have any other decor for the nursery yet (crib mattress, crib set, lamp, rug, etc.) so there isn't much more we can do in her room until we get those items.

Gummy Bear has been getting the hiccups a lot more lately.. they feel so funny!!  I'm glad to know they don't bother or hurt her at all.

32 week quiz:
How far along: 32 weeks 1 day
Weight gain: not exactly sure - I will know on Thursday - likely + 23 or 24 pounds
Stretch marks: yep - they are starting to be visible in the weekly belly photos - boo!
Any new baby items: yes - I bought a few items and so did my mom -


I bought her this onesie and a pack of socks because she didn't have any socks yet!!  My mom bought her an adorable brown and purple outfit from Tar.get and this blanket that I am head over heals in love with!!


Any new maternity clothes: I bought a red long sleeve t-shirt from Kohls for $7.00!
Sleep: getting more difficult - I can't seem to stay asleep for longer than an hour - then it takes me forever to fall back asleep (we've had some stressful stuff going on at work so I think this anxiety/stress may be playing in to this too) - still taking potty trips about 3 times a night
Gender: girl!!!
Best moment of the week: Steven putting up her valances and getting her bassinet put together :o)  My mom buying her the blanket that I have been awwwing over for the past 2 months!!
Labor signs: Not true labor signs (at least I don't think.) - but these cramps and braxton hicks contractions are certainly annoying!!
Belly button in or out: it's basically flat but does stick out when I am sitting or if I eat too much!
Movement: oh yes, this little chick moves around like crazy - for now - she is soon going to start running out of room :o)

Food cravings: stillll really really really want Texas.Roadhouse - and I have been seriously craving a pepsi slushy for the past week - I've gone to get one 4 times and only once has the pepsi flavor been working - grrr!
What I miss: energy, peaceful/restful sleep, not feeling like I am going to pee my pants every 15 minutes, energy!
What I'm looking forward to: my doctor appointment on Thursday; Halloween next weekend and taking Gavin aka Spiderman trick-or-treating for the first time; Thanksgiving; little Gummy Bear's arrival; completing her nursery (eventually!)
Weekly wisdom: I'm fresh out of "wisdom" so I will simply encourage everyone to "treat others the way you want to be treated" - I have been reminded of this numerous times the past couple of days...
Milestones: By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds, pick up a large jicama and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.


 
 
 

No comments: