Tuesday, October 6, 2009

30 weeks = YIKES!!!



Here is a video I took tonight of Gabrielle moving - don't pay attention to any background noise or my heavy breathing - just watch my tummy moving :o)  It's not constant throughout the video so you have to pay attention - enjoy!!

30 weeks = definitely feeling pregnant = tired, sick, hormonal, uncomfortable, thankful!  I know I've said it before but it's really starting to hit me.  I can't get up without assistance, I can't sit for a long period of time without getting super uncomfortable, I can't stand without getting uncomfortable - and I have "at least" 7 weeks left - but I know I can do it!!  I'm trying to be as positive as possible and not complain too much but it does get diffcult after a while.  I am so incredibly grateful and thankful and excited about this little lady that I don't want all the negative, yucky pregnancy stuff to get in the way of me enjoying what will most likely be my last 2 months of ever having a little person inside my tummy!  Pregnancy, for me, is definitely 100 times easier without a toddler - I don't know how women have 3,4,5 kids and are pregnant again - man I'd be a mess!  

Gabrielle's room is painted and we have moved furniture around so now all the furniture, except the rocker, are in her room and almost ready!  I have tons of packing/organizing to do - and we still don't really have much for her nursery (mattress, crib set, lamp, valance etc.) - so there isn't much to do in her room except the packing/organizing right now.  But I have to say I LOVE the pink paint - my hubby did an awesome job picking it out and painting it all - I just love walking out of my bedroom, looking into hers and seeing pink :o)

Gavin is still stuck on School Bus Spiderman and his "sisser's" name - it's just too funny!  He actually does say Gabrielle very well, and it always makes me smile to hear him say it :o)  He's going to be such a good big brother, but I can't help to feel bad for him - as I've said before he has NO idea what's about to happen - and his whole world is going to be different.. forever!  He tells me that he is excited about sharing his trains with his baby sister and taking her to the beach!

30 week quiz:
How far along: 30 weeks 1 day! 
Weight gain: maybe up 23 pounds or so - I will know for sure tomorrow after my DR visit 
New maternity clothes: nope. 
New baby items: I bought her a very soft, pretty blanket at Toys.R.Us - it was on clearance!! 
Stretch marks: yes, oh well - part of having a baby I guess! 
Sleep: oh man I cannot get enough sleep - I actually went to bed at 9 p.m. the other night and it felt SO good!!  I've been sleeping farily well through the night - minus my 2-3 trips to the potty. 
Best moment of the week: feeling Gummy Bear's hiccups for the first time on Sunday night and finding out that I do NOT have gestational diabetes!! 
Food cravings: still really craving Texas.Roadhouse - I even signed up for their emails so I could get some coupons :o)  [Maybe Steven and I can have a date night before the baby comes and we can go there for dinner..mmmmmm]  I'm also really enjoying ice lately - chopped ice is the best!!

Gender: Girl :o) 
Labor signs: braxton hicks contractions have become more uncomfortable - I'm going to talk to the doctor about them tomorrow because they were never this painful when I was pregnant with Gavin - I'm sure it's nothing but I'd just like to know for sure! 
Belly button in or out: starting to come out a little - it's completely out when I sit down! 
What I miss: having energy, running, sleeping on my tummy, getting up from the floor without feeling like a 95 year old lady, being able to shave my legs without any discomfort! 
What I'm looking forward to: taking Gavin to a pumpkin patch this weekend, maybe planning a date night in the next month or so, getting closer to Gabrielle's arrival!! 
Weekly wisdom: "Children learn what they live." 
Milestones: Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds, like a head of cabbage. A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)  -- what's funny about this is I actually have 20/400 vision, which means I am legally blind without any corrective lenses - so Gabrielle and I will have that in common :o)  *Hopefully not for long though - I pray she has her daddy's perfect vision!



 
 
 

 
 

No comments: