Wednesday, May 20, 2009

good news!!

Yesterday was super terrifying when our midwife couldn't find the heartbeat.. we had our ultrasound today - and we got to see our beautiful Gummy Bear and his/her heart beating away!! The past 24 hours were very tough, but my faith got me through. My hubby says he "knew" everything was okay, but you can never know "for sure" until the proof is there, ya know?! Oh it was such a lovely sight and sound - his/her heart was beating away at around 161 bpm!! She shared that my uterus is still tilted pretty far back so that was most likely why the doppler wouldn't pick up the heartbeat. The tech also check out my cyst and said that it does not look like it has gotten any bigger, yipee! All in all it was a great visit and we got 2 super cute photos of our Gummy Bear.. isn't he/she lovely?!!
In other news, according to the info the ultrasound tech had my due date is December 14, 2009. This whole due date thing is not a big deal to me, what's 2 days, ya know.. but just to stay consistent I am sticking to December 14, 2009. ( I also like that date because it seems closer, obviously, and it's not as close to Christmas as the 16th, silly I know!)

Now, on to the "normal" weekly update stuff.. 10 weeks.. double digits!!!
the 10 week pregnancy quiz:
How far along: 10 weeks 2 days
Total weight gain/loss:
+ 3 lbs
Maternity clothes:
none yet.
Stretch marks:
no new ones.
Sleep:
I have been sleeping fairly well lately.
Best moment of this week:
seeing our healthy Gummy Bear today!!
Movement:
not yet, can't wait for that!
Food cravings:
I finally got to eat my corn on the cob, oh it was so good!!! I am still on the pickle craze too!


Gender: I am still thinking girl...
Labor signs:
no way!
Belly button in or out:
innie.
What I miss:
feeling in shape and "thin"
What I'm looking forward to:
watching my belly grow, our next doctor visit in 2 weeks, seeing if these new prenatal vitamins will help regulate my crazy mood!
Weekly wisdom:
prayer is powerful.
Milestone:
He's swallowing fluid and kicking up a storm. Vital organs — including his kidneys, intestines, brain, and liver (now making red blood cells in place of the disappearing yolk sac) — are in place and starting to function, though they'll continue to develop throughout your pregnancy.. thanks Baby.Center!

Love & blessings,

No comments: